cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Songs Skipping Halfway Through Randomly

smwhite1108
Local Performer

Tried reviewing past posts but the recommendations of clearing out the browsing data/cache aren't working.  For the past few weeks, on Internet Explorer/laptop, songs will start to buffer and then skip to another song at random.  It's rare to get a full song to play.  No issue with the ads playing all the way through of course.  Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @smwhite1108. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening.

Sounds like you were able to run through the standard troubleshooting steps for your Internet Explorer web browser in this article. Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Does this issue occur if you attempt to listen using a different browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @smwhite1108. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening.

Sounds like you were able to run through the standard troubleshooting steps for your Internet Explorer web browser in this article. Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?
  • Does this issue occur if you attempt to listen using a different browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

smwhite1108
Local Performer

There are no error messages, the song just skips randomly (usually in the middle) and then it says "buffering" and then it goes to the next song without me skipping the songs.

I've switched to Chrome for about 20 minutes and it doesn't seem to be happening there, I wonder if it's just Internet Explorer.  It's been happening a few weeks on Explorer though.  Thanks.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@smwhite1108 Thanks for confirming.

I would recommend running through the steps for Internet Explore from my last post (if you haven't already). Those steps may help resolve the issue you're experiencing.

You can also try running through some standard network troubleshooting steps to see if this improves your streaming.

Please try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

++

Another option is to use the Pandora Desktop App, if you're interested in trying it out. You can find out more about how it works here.

I hope this information is helpful. Feel free to let me know if the issue persists. 🎧

0 Kudos

dvande04
Local Performer

I have the same problem but only when I'm playing my playlist. Radio stations play just fine. Clearing out the cache and other steps didn't help me either.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @dvande04. 👋

How are you listening when this happens?

• Are you listening from a Windows or MAC computer?
  • Are you using the Pandora Desktop App?
  • Or, are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Have any error messages popped up?

Let me know, and I can send over some additional troubleshooting steps. 🎧

0 Kudos