cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop: Station Edit Page Shows "Page Not Found"

Typonymous
Local Performer

My station, "Brains on the Air," displays an error when I try to access the station page saying, "Page Not Found. The page you're looking for may have been moved, updated, or deleted."

What's especially strange is that the page starts to load initially before displaying the error. Clearly the page itself still exists, but some element on it is generating the error. This is the only station of mine I've found (so far) that exhibits this behavior, and it occurs in updated versions of both Chrome and Firefox, as well as with the Pandora desktop app (downloaded through the Microsoft Store). The OS is Windows 10 Pro, version 1909 (build 18363.1256).

Here is a video of the phenomenon: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f0dK5_FfH_VRAbXS7yl3nXfWd5WR4s4V/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Typonymous. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this, and sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

The video you shared is very helpful. I'll check in with our team about what's happening with your station as I'm receiving the same error when I attempted to do the same. 

When I have more information, I will follow up with you on this thread.

Thanks for your patience over this holiday week! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

Typonymous
Local Performer

Thanks for checking into it, Alyssa. I eagerly but patiently await your team's analysis.

This isn't the only problem I've had with this station, but it seemed like the first one to take care of. Once we get it resolved, I'll mention the others.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @Typonymous.

From the backend, I do see that you have several artist seeds associated with that station. There may be a disconnect there so I've escalated this to our device / engineering team. With the holiday approaching, there may be a delay in response.

Feel free to mention the other issues on this thread, and I can also mention those. 

Typonymous
Local Performer

You mentioned artist seeds, Alyssa, and that (I think) is the source of one of the other issues I've been having.

As you can see, over the years I've added many artists and thumbed thousands of songs on this station. One of the things I've always loved about Pandora is how the music genome algorithms keep a wide variety of music coming while rarely playing things I don't like.

Recently, however, that variety has waned. It's almost like the station has "forgotten" a number of artists and songs that originally seeded it. It also seems to have forgotten some of the tracks I've thumbed over the years. I've had several come up recently that had no rating (either up or down) that I know I've marked before. Whole bands, even genres of music, never seem to make it into the rotation anymore; in the meantime, some bands - notably Blink-182 - come up very frequently.

Now, I'm fond enough of Blink, but I know I used to hear a wider selection of songs, artists, and categories of music on this station previously. That's actually the reason I was trying to visit my station page in the first place... to see if I could figure out what had happened to all my artist seeds and thumbs. But then I got the error message that prompted this thread in the first place.

Any word from Engineering?

0 Kudos

Owlachi
Local Performer

I have been having this exact same problem, was the solution ever discovered? 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Owlachi. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience.

Could you share which station(s) you're having trouble with?

Also, could you post a screenshot of the error?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

Owlachi
Local Performer

Hey, thanks for the quick response.

I Have been having trouble with all of my custom radio stations when I try to view or edit them. 

Here is a screenshot of the error message: Screenshot 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for providing that information, @Owlachi

I will share this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos