cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stops Playing Web / Desktop App No Error Message

Carloslc
Local Performer

I am another "notahappyuser10"  I have the same issue.  Playback starts and then goes to pause and will not restart.  This happens on my Lenovo laptop and my LP desktop, both using Windows 10.  I have no problems with Pandora on my smart TV, so I know it is not my internet service.  

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Fritters @CBswims @JaneBarlow @geofryer👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

First, have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser or Pandora Desktop App to see if it helps.

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

++

Device Network Troubleshooting:

You can also try device network troubleshooting by rebooting your connection.

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.
  5. If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

120 Replies

anchormoose
Local Performer

I've used Firefox and Internet explorer to play Pandora and it continuously stops playing on my desktop windows 10...its getting so annoying I'm thinking of switching to another music provider...is there a solution to this issue or is this as good as Pandora gets? Very annoying

AlyssaPandora

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, @anchormoose.

Have you tried using the Pandora desktop app for Windows 10?

If you're interested, you can find out more info here.

++

For Firefox troubleshooting, please try out these steps.

If you prefer Internet Explorer as your browser of choice, check out these helpful steps.

Still having trouble after running through the troubleshooting steps? Please let me know if you're experiencing any error messages when you attempt to listen.

Hope this is helpful, and that you're able to get back to listening! 🎧

Foundry
Local Performer

This just starting happening to me also for the past few days.  Once or twice a day, the song will stop at 2:02 with no other changes (so screen shot wouldn't be helpful). If I hit the pause button and then play button, the song picks up at that point with no apparent gap.

I'm running an older MacBook Air, HIgh Sierra, Firefox 69.0, Netgear wireless to Xfinity. All other streaming seems to be OK. No big deal to start the song from that poing, but the consistency of the stoppage time is intriguing.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Foundry I moved your message to this thread as it sounds like you are running into a similar issue.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps specific for Firefox that @AlyssaPandora suggested in her message above

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

NateRush
Local Performer

I'm listening to Pandora on a computer - Windows 10 on Pandora's website. I'm using Firefox. There is no error message. The audio stops but the music appears to continue playing. It seems to happen with longer songs -- 5+ minutes. If I click the icon to go to the next song, the new song starts playing fine.

Foundry
Local Performer

The problem stopped a couple of days after I posted this in response to a very similar complaint about stopping after 2 minutes, specifically.  Therefore, I think that moving this was well-intentioned but not helpful, but that's your business. 🙂

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for your post, @NateRush.

Were you able to try out the steps listed in my above message?

Let me know if this helps!

WardII
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem...using Firefox on Windows 7 Desktop. Music stops between tracks for about 30-45 secs and shows "Poor network connection. Listening will resume when it's restored." This problem just started today, if not fixed in the next few days I'll be moving to Spotify premium.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@WardII Were you able to run through the troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora provided in her message above?

Let me know if you continue to run into issues with this.

0 Kudos

aceaudio
Local Performer

you no what ive owned the pandora ...and i reverted bac cause it plays only what i thumbs up over an over..i also experince the play a song then just nothin..no error just the song playi wit no audio..on my phone and comp..it seems now u play one song and three commericials.... two songs three comm.... two songs two comm...etc ive been ridin on pandora for years at least six or seven...its all diffrent now

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Carloslc I moved your post over to the Desktop board to keep the community tidy.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or, are you using the Pandora desktop app?
  • Have any error messages popped up when this issue occurs?

Let me know.

elliottlge
Local Performer

I am having this same issue.  Using Safari on MAC with Catalina op system,  and the website to play.  No error messages.  Usually happens at the end of a song.  Right now Pandora is a 'one song and quit' application.  Argh. 

a few more clues: this doesn't happen when listening to a Pandora 'station', but does happen when listening to a Pandora 'playlist'.  I have exited, cleared cache and restarted.  It played four songs instead of two.   In my case, it always happens at the end of a song ... next song never starts and the display shows no current music being played.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for providing those details, @elliottlge.

I checked in with our User Support team, and it appears that you're a Premium subscriber. You should be able to listen to your playlists without any issues.

Could you try out these steps for your Safari web browser?

Let me know if this helps! 🖥

mbyrne
Local Performer

anyone out there now who can guide me trough a troubleshoot of my pandora desktop problem. my collection of stations comes up but when I click on a song to play...nothing 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @mbyrne. 👋

Thanks for posting on the community!

Please provide the following info so I can help troubleshoot:

• Are you using a web browser on your computer? If so, which one?
  • Or are you using the Pandora Desktop app for MAC computers?
  • Also, is this a sound issue?
    • If this is related to the sound on your computer, I would recommend checking out these steps to see if it helps.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

lmarren01
Local Performer

This is happening on all stations on my desktop - I'm not sure what version of Pandora I have - where can I find this out?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@lmarren01 I moved your post to the Desktop space since it sounds like that is the device you are running into issues streaming Pandora on.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

If you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen recording of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

judeswenson
Local Performer

Mac pc on pandora website. Message tells me to go into settings and change browser

Setting - how do I do that?

I am on macbookproi am using pandora plus

I am on website for pandora and was told to go to settings but settings does not seem to give me that option to change broswer to "Play"

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@judeswenson You should be able to stream Pandora on your computer.

To clarify, you don't actually have to navigate to your account settings to play one of your created stations.

Can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of that error message you are seeing so that I can further investigate?

Thanks for your help with this.

0 Kudos