cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safari: Won't Play / Stops No Error Message

gbasri
Local Performer

I've played Pandora through Safari on my desktop for years, but suddenly it quits making sound after about 30 sec (although the progress bar continues). Sound returns if I refresh the page, then dies again. Some new incompatibility has been introduced. Explain??

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @gbasri. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Let's try running through these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing. To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome. Download Google Chrome here.

If you prefer Safari as your browser, please try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora:

1. Update Safari (If you are unable to update to Safari 11, please let me know). 
  2. Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:
    • Click Safari on the menu bar at the top of your screen and then Preferences.
    • Select the Privacy tab.
    • Click Manage Website Data...
    • Type "Pandora" in the search box and click on Pandora to highlight your selection.
    • Click Remove All and then Done.
    • Restart the browser and go back to www.pandora.com
  3. Verify JavaScript is enabled:
    • Click on Security tab. Confirm that Enable JavaScript is selected.
  4. Verify pop-ups settings for the Pandora website:
    • Visit the Pandora website.
    • Click Safari > Settings for This Website.
    • Uncheck Enable Content Blockers and confirm the setting for Pop-up windows is set to Allow.
  5. If you have the AdBlock extension, click the AdBlock icon on your tool bar and select Don't run on this domain. 
  6. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.
  7. Finally, if your issue persists, restart your computer and go back to www.pandora.com.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @gbasri. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this.

Let's try running through these steps to see if it helps with the issue you're experiencing. To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome. Download Google Chrome here.

If you prefer Safari as your browser, please try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora:

1. Update Safari (If you are unable to update to Safari 11, please let me know). 
  2. Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:
    • Select the Privacy tab.
    • Click Manage Website Data...
    • Type "Pandora" in the search box and click on Pandora to highlight your selection.
    • Click Remove All and then Done.
    • Restart the browser and go back to www.pandora.com
  3. Verify JavaScript is enabled:
    • Click on Security tab. Confirm that Enable JavaScript is selected.
  4. Verify pop-ups settings for the Pandora website:
    • Visit the Pandora website.
    • Click Safari > Settings for This Website.
    • Uncheck Enable Content Blockers and confirm the setting for Pop-up windows is set to Allow.
  5. If you have the AdBlock extension, click the AdBlock icon on your tool bar and select Don't run on this domain. 
  6. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.
  7. Finally, if your issue persists, restart your computer and go back to www.pandora.com.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos