cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stops Playing Web / Desktop App No Error Message

Carloslc
Local Performer

I am another "notahappyuser10"  I have the same issue.  Playback starts and then goes to pause and will not restart.  This happens on my Lenovo laptop and my LP desktop, both using Windows 10.  I have no problems with Pandora on my smart TV, so I know it is not my internet service.  

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos
120 Replies

rebeccayancey5
Local Performer

Just signed up for Pandora Plus to avoid ads, and it stops playing after every song, and will not play when I hit the play button, no matter how many times I refresh.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @rebeccayancey5. 👋

• Are you using the Desktop app for Mac?
  • Or, are you using your web browser?
    • If so, which browser?

Let me know, and I can follow up with some troubleshooting steps.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

lisasmusic
Local Performer

I recently signed up for Pandora Premium and it is working alright on my phone, but on my PC with Chrome, it often doesn't play the song I click on. And if it does, it stops after just one song. I'd rather just go back to the free version with ads than use this Pandora Premium, since at least it kept playing.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @lisasmusic. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community organized.

I understand how frustrating this must be.

Would you mind trying out these steps for your Chrome browser?

Let me know if you still have trouble listening. 🖥

0 Kudos

Coachbanko
Underground

I'm also using the the app for my mac laptop and it plays one song and stops.  I've tried all of the suggestions in the Help/Troubleshooting area (including uninstalling/reinstalling the app) to no avail.  Looking through these forums I keep seeing similar responses from Pandora moderators like yourself suggesting that the issue is resolved, but it doesn't appear to be on my end.  What am I missing?

I also use the app on my iPhone and it works without issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Coachbanko I'd like to report this to our engineers for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device;
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or LAN);
  3. Pandora version (Go to the App Menu Toolbar, select Pandora then About Pandora);
  4. Mac version (Click the Apple Icon on the Menu Toolbar them About This Mac);
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Thanks for your help with this!

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

taballe
Local Performer

Hi,

I am having the same issue.  It happens on my Lenovo, on both Chrome and Firefox.  I rebooted the laptop, signed in, and hit the play button.  Nothing happens.

I logged into my Dell laptop, and it's fine.

Lenovo details:

• Windows 10 Home
  • Version 1903
  • OS build: 18362.778
  • Latest Windows Update: KB4549951
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@taballe It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes! 

0 Kudos

taballe
Local Performer

Hi @Adam,

Both the Lenovo and the Dell are running on the same wireless network, sitting right next to each other.

It just so happens that I took both to a friend's house last week and tried to listen to Pandora there, too.  The same thing happened. It's something specific to the Lenovo.

YouTube works great on both laptops, on both networks.

Is there any way to turn on logging?  🙂  I'm game.  🙂  🙂

I do have a network cable, so I will try that later, although I am skeptical... but you never know. 🙂

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Coachbanko
Underground

1) MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019); Processor:  2.6 GHz 6-core Intel Core i7;  Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHzDDR4

2) WiFi

3) Version 15.0.3 (15.0.3)

4) MacOS Catalina v. 10.15.3

5) There is no error message.  It just stops playing.

6) It works in a browser.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for the update, @taballe

We've gone ahead and passed your details along to our engineering team. 

Thanks for your patience while they look into this! 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Coachbanko Thanks so much for proving this helpful information. I'm very sorry that you're still having issues listening.

In the meantime, I've shared this with our engineering team so that they can investigate. 

Your patience is much appreciated during this process! 

0 Kudos

deagles
Local Performer

Music stops

I'm listening on a Mac. 

I'm not getting any error messages.

0 Kudos

Coachbanko
Underground

Will someone send me an email letting me know that this has been resolved or should I just keep checking back to here?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Coachbanko I will keep you updated on this thread once I have more details. At this time, our engineers are still investigating / working on this.

For now, I would recommend listening from your browser so that you can listen to your tunes without any issues. Rest assured, this has been reported on your behalf. We have a ticket open for this issue as other listeners have run into similar issues, and I've shared all of the helpful info you've provided thus far. 

I know this is inconvenient, and I apologize for the trouble it has caused. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@deagles I moved your post to the Desktop space to keep the community tidy.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you listening on our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  • Can you provide me with a screenshot/screen-recording of what you're seeing? 

I'll look forward to hearing back!

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@Coachbanko @deagles @taballe Could you try listening again today?

I have engineering looking at the traces we enabled for your accounts. You'll need to listen again so we can gather more details about what you're experiencing.

If possible, please provide the date and time of when you experience the next pausing / stopping of your tunes so I can report this too.

Thanks again for your help with this! 

0 Kudos

taballe
Local Performer

Hi @Alyssa,

Thanks so much.  A few more details about the problem.

1. The first time this happened, I was playing a station.  Once the station paused, it was never un-pausable, even if killed the browser tab and started it over.
  2. On both laptops, when I go to pandora.com, the browser remembers my credentials, and I am automatically logged in.
  3. The last station that was playing is already loaded, and the play button appears.
  4. I press the play button.  On the Lenovo, there is no response.  On the Dell, it works.
  5. Using Firefox on the Lenovo, I just did steps 2 to 4 (4/21/2020, 5:51 PM EST) .  Once again, the UI was unchanged/unresponsive. 
  6. I then had an idea. 💡  I actually LOGGED OUT.  I logged back in again, saw the same screen as usual (the last station that was playing), and hit the Play button.  To my surprise, it started working.  🙂
  7. It has not paused on its own yet.  I will keep you informed on what it does after the next auto pause.

Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Awesome! @taballe

Thanks so much for the detailed updates. Feel free to let me know if anything else pops up. In the meantime, I'm sharing your recent response with our engineering team.

0 Kudos

pickenslee
Local Performer

I use aol; no problem in the past

0 Kudos