cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stops Playing Web / Desktop App No Error Message

Carloslc
Local Performer

I am another "notahappyuser10"  I have the same issue.  Playback starts and then goes to pause and will not restart.  This happens on my Lenovo laptop and my LP desktop, both using Windows 10.  I have no problems with Pandora on my smart TV, so I know it is not my internet service.  

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos
114 Replies

ladyarcana55
Local Performer

Hello Alyssa!

Thank you so much for responding. Unfortunately, neither of these suggestions worked and I realize why. I made a mistake. I am not using Pandora through an app, I am accessing it directly from Firefox on my laptop.

Sorry about that!

Thank you!
Anna

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for confirming, @ladyarcana55.

Let's try these steps for your Firefox browser.

You can also try another web browser to see if the issue occurs there. To clarify, we ask you to run through these steps so that we can report accurate information to our engineering team, and exhaust all troubleshooting steps. Often times, the troubleshooting steps will help rectify the issue. I appreciate you sticking with me on this.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @ItsMeEjp. 👋

Sorry to hear that the songs won't play during your listening sessions on your laptop. I moved your post from the Android board over to this thread in the Desktop space.

++

Could you tell me a bit more about how you're listening?

• Windows or MAC?
  • Web browser (please indicate which one) or desktop app?
  • Any error messages popping up?

Once I have more details, I can share some troubleshooting steps with you.

0 Kudos

jvonea
Local Performer

Hello,

I too have the 'one song then quits' blues, requiring me to hit pause & play to get music playing again.    I have followed the above steps to update Safari & have updated Chrome to no avail.  I am on a MacBook Air OS Sierra.  

I want to stay with Pandora, and am considering upgrading to Premium but only if I can get this resolved.  Thanks for your  help

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @jvonea. 👋

A member from our User Support team has reached out you via email to assist with running a diagnostic to better understand what's happening.

If you don't see their email soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

Thanks for your patience during this process! 🎧

0 Kudos

jamesd7198
Local Performer

Are there troubleshooting steps for Chrome? How about the Desktop app? Both have the same issue for me.

Where can I open up a bug ticket?

I'm connected via Windows 10 PC, hardwired to my router with consistent 100Mbps down. This is not a connectivity issue.

I can not reproduce this on my phone which is connected via WiFi. Even selecting one with a horrible connection, if there is a problem, I'm alerted about a problem. On desktop/web, there is no error message. The music just stops, the player is still in play mode, the timer keeps incrementing until it just stops and the application is in a bad state.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @jamesd7198. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening. I know how frustrating this can be. To keep the community space organized, I've moved your post over to this thread: Stops Playing Web / Desktop App No Error Message 

For Chrome Web Browsers:

• Here are the troubleshooting steps 
  • Another option is to try a different browser to determine whether this is browser-related

For the Desktop App:

• We have steps for both Windows and MAC computers.
    • For Windows, you can find the troubleshooting steps here.
    • For MAC computers, the troubleshooting steps can be found here.

++

I know that you mentioned this isn't a connectivity issue. However, you could also try the following just to make sure. @AdamPandora provided some helpful steps in another post within this thread. I've included them below.

Rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Thanks for sticking with me on this. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Mapmaker0828
Local Performer

NateRush, I am having this issue also!  Did you get it resolved?  Advice?  I use googlechrome as my browser!  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Mapmaker0828. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. 

Mind trying out these steps?

Let me know how it goes on your Chrome browser.

0 Kudos

jrwagz
Underground

@anchormoose  has this resurfaced for you recently?  I am just starting to notice this behavior.  I tried both listening in a tab in Chrome, and in the native Windows 10 Pandora app, and I get the same behavior.  It seems that it always goes silent when a song changes, even though if you look at the app, it thinks that it's playing a song.  Furthermore, if you wait around long enough, it sometimes will restart playing on it's own, and I think that only happens when it moves to the next song.

Any suggestions @AlyssaPandora or @AdamPandora ?  This doesn't happen every time the song changes, just sometimes when the song changes.  I'm on Windows 10 Home 2004, build 19041.508, Chrome Version 85.0.4183.121 (Official Build) (64-bit), and Pandora Windows 10 app (not sure how to determine the version of the Windows 10 native pandora app).

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @jrwagz. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your issue, and sorry for the trouble with this.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting step.

Let me know if this helps. If you continue to experience this issue, I may need to escalate your issue to email so that we can run a diagnostic. 

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

jrwagz
Underground

@AlyssaPandora , thanks for getting back to me and setting a trace on my account.  I have gone ahead and performed the troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 (first I reset the app data, then I uninstalled and re-installed it).  If I continue to experience the issue, I will let you know so you can look into the trace data.  I'm running Pandora App version 15.0.3 on Windows 10.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for sticking with me on this, @jrwagz.

Feel free to keep me updated by posting on this thread. 👍

0 Kudos

jrwagz
Underground

@AlyssaPandora , the problem just happened (around 1:08pm US mountain time).  The song lasted 3:39 in complete silence, and then it switched to the next song and remained silent.  The second silent song was 3:24 in duration. 

@AlyssaPandora after playing those two songs in silence, it started playing the next song afterwards.  The song that it started playing on was 4:18 in duration.

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@jrwagz Thanks for the update, and sorry for the continued trouble.

In the meantime, I've escalated your issue to our User Support team. We've reached out to you via email to run the diagnostic, please follow up with us in that email.

If you don't see the message soon, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there.

Appreciate your patience and help during this process. 🎧

kfrizb
Local Performer

same with me

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@kfrizb To clarify, are you also using Firefox to stream Pandora when this happens?

Let me know.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

kfrizb
Local Performer

I'm using Chrome.  It's been my go-to setup for the last few years.  Only in the last week does this seem to be happening to me.  Even on a high-speed, hard-wired LAN it's happening.  Strange.

I can't have my trance music keep cutting off when I'm in a good productive rhythm 🙂

0 Kudos

kfrizb
Local Performer

I just now allowed popups and redirects for pandora.com so I'll see if that helps.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @kfrizb!

To get a better idea of what is happening, can you help answer a few additional questions:

• Does the music completely stop and you have to press to play to resume playback?
  • Does the song continue to play where it left or does a new song start?
  • Is this happening on stations or playlists?
  • Can you let me know which Chrome version you're on? (Let me know if you need help finding this.)

Thanks for the help! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos