cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stops Playing Web / Desktop App No Error Message

Carloslc
Local Performer

I am another "notahappyuser10"  I have the same issue.  Playback starts and then goes to pause and will not restart.  This happens on my Lenovo laptop and my LP desktop, both using Windows 10.  I have no problems with Pandora on my smart TV, so I know it is not my internet service.  

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos
120 Replies

AdamPandora

@kfrizb To clarify, are you also using Firefox to stream Pandora when this happens?

Let me know.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

kfrizb
Local Performer

I'm using Chrome.  It's been my go-to setup for the last few years.  Only in the last week does this seem to be happening to me.  Even on a high-speed, hard-wired LAN it's happening.  Strange.

I can't have my trance music keep cutting off when I'm in a good productive rhythm 🙂

0 Kudos

kfrizb
Local Performer

I just now allowed popups and redirects for pandora.com so I'll see if that helps.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @kfrizb!

To get a better idea of what is happening, can you help answer a few additional questions:

• Does the music completely stop and you have to press to play to resume playback?
  • Does the song continue to play where it left or does a new song start?
  • Is this happening on stations or playlists?
  • Can you let me know which Chrome version you're on? (Let me know if you need help finding this.)

Thanks for the help! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

0 Kudos

ppruett49
Local Performer

I have a Mac system on Big Sur presently and go to the Pandora app through Safari usually. The above described problem - music stopping intermittently and either not starting until I click on the controls (which doesn't always work) or waiting a  minute or several minutes and then restarting on its own. I have the premium subscription and use Pandora because I want to pay artists full royalties and enjoy the selection process, but this problem makes me question my subscription.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@ppruett49 Running through the troubleshooting steps linked here may help resolve this: Safari Troubleshooting

It may also help to stream Pandora on a different browser (Ex: Chrome, Firefox) to see if this issue is specific to Safari.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

jwhanlon
Local Performer

Both me and my coworker have experienced this issue as well. It is extremely frustrating. I am using a work PC that operates on Windows 10. I am using the browser google chrome, but firefox also has the same issue. I have cleared cashe, I have restarted, and I am using ethernet. I often listen on my phone when I am away from my desk, and on the same wireless network, I have never had a problem. Play back will stop mid song, and will not resume for minutes/if at all. When i notice it stops playing, the only way to fix it is to refresh the page. This happens every day, on any station ive listened too.  It happened again as I was typing this. I went to the page and paused the song and got the message "We are experiencing trouble playing audio. If problems persist check your internet connection and refresh the browser." 

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @jwhanlon. 👋

Sorry to hear that you've experienced this as well.

Could you confirm about how long you're pausing songs when this happens?

Are you noticing a pattern as to exactly when it will stop mid-song?

(Ex. does the song stop after 3 minutes of playing?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

karenrichards
Local Performer

No, it just plays one or two songs and then stops. If I wait 10-15 minutes, it will sometimes come back on.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @karenrichards. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you using the Pandora Desktop App, a web browser, or both?
  • If you're using a browser, which one?
  • Also, are you using a MAC or Windows computer?

I look forward to hearing back! 🎧

0 Kudos

sb457
Local Performer

Recently music is constantly stopping every 5-15 minutes, requiring a refresh. No buffering message. No error message. Just stops.

Desktop. Windows 10. Premium subscriber. Problem occurs when accessing Pandora through Chrome and MS Edge browsers as well as the app. No other applications or web sites seem to be affected. No unusual activity on the device to trigger a stoppage, often nothing is actively running when it stops mid song. 

Rebooted the device, deleted the cache and temp files, I am connected via ethernet cable, Pandora is allowed through the MS firewall, the operating system and all drivers are up to date.

This same device ran Pandora perfectly fine until last week.

I had to reset the app twice in the time it took to document this issue.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @sb457. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about this. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Stops Playing Web / Desktop App No Error Message

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to escalate this to our engineering team.

• Does the timer / player continue playing without audio?
  • Or, does everything freeze / stop playing?
  • Are you using a VPN or on a work computer?

++

Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10:

I do see that you mentioned resetting the Pandora Desktop App for Windows 10. It sounds like you were able to reset the app data using the desktop app troubleshooting steps here.

Have you tried uninstalling / reinstalling as well? If not, you can try the steps below to see if that helps. 

To uninstall and reinstall the app:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu.
  2. Right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall.
  3. Select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall again.
  4. Search for Pandora in the Windows Store on your device.
  5. Click Get to re-install the app.

++

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

For Chrome troubleshooting, feel free to try out these steps here.

For MS Edges, we also have these troubleshooting steps.

I look forward to hearing back!

0 Kudos

sb457
Local Performer

The timer stops. No consistent spot in any given song. No pattern in how long between stoppages.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@sb457 To clarify, were you still running into issues with this after running through the separate troubleshooting steps @AlyssaPandora provided for:

• Windows Desktop App
  • Chrome
  • MS Edge

Let me know.

0 Kudos

sb457
Local Performer

Correct

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@sb457 Thanks for following up.

I'd like you to try out one more thing see if that helps.

Please try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

sb457
Local Performer

Already did that. Twice. No improvement.

I am now noticing that it's randomly restarting/skipping songs on its own, separate from me needing to manually refresh the session. So far today I've needed to refresh 7 times (11:44am, 12:53pm, 1:36, 1:43, 2:09, 2:24, 2:54 PST). I assume you're logging the same timing.

Never mind. Poor service and lack of support means I just cancelled my subscription and switched over to Spotify which is having no issues on the same machine.

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

Fritters
Local Performer

Where is the thread for when it stops frequently while on a laptop?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Fritters I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@sb457 Yes, we have a trace enabled on your account. 

Thanks for letting us know about the timing of your refreshes, and for running through the troubleshooting steps. We've shared this information our with engineering team on your behalf so they can investigate further.

0 Kudos