cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stops Playing Web / Desktop App No Error Message

Carloslc
Local Performer

I am another "notahappyuser10"  I have the same issue.  Playback starts and then goes to pause and will not restart.  This happens on my Lenovo laptop and my LP desktop, both using Windows 10.  I have no problems with Pandora on my smart TV, so I know it is not my internet service.  

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos
120 Replies

dougatoz
Underground

Pandora plays the first song fine then the next song starts and immediately stops. I refresh same thing. I clear browsing history same thing. I restart the browser same thing. I shut down restart same thing. I run speaker diagnostic laptop is fine. I can play music fine on youtube?????

daleslad
Opening Act

I like to listen to music while I do my exercises so I chose Smooth Jazz radio station.  The first song I listened to just stopped after a while.  Went to my computer to check on it and found that the music  was not continuing to the next song.   I clicked on the Play button and it switched to another song but it didn't play. That's when I noticed that the Play button was still visible so I clicked it again and it began to play.  This time it stopped playing it but never continued to play the next song. I finally gave up on it and finished my exercises without it.

This has been going on for a few weeks now but I've largely ignored it as Pandora is always giving me fits.  I use my iPhone a lot to listen to music through a bluetooth Bose speaker and I've had the same issues with the music just stopping playing and I have to click on the Play button or change to another radio station to get it going again.  It doesn't happen as much when I'm listening on my iPhone.

I'm going to try listening to just Playlists and see if it is the Radio Stations that are causing it.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @dougatoz. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

• Are you using a MAC or Windows computer?
  • Which web browser are you using?
  • Have any error messages popped up?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@daleslad I moved your post over to this existing thread: Pandora stops playing on web

It sounds like the issue may be related to the network you're using to connect to Pandora if this is happening across devices.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you continue to experience issues with this, could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  1. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Let me know.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

dougatoz
Underground

I have answered Alyssa back and am waiting for her to respond. She contacted me quickly the first time hats off to her, thanks.

I see that many folks are having exact problem.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @dougatoz. 👋

Thanks for getting back to me. I don't see a response to my questions. 

You can view my post / questions here.

Let me know and I can help with troubleshooting.

0 Kudos

dougatoz
Underground

After all these years I have finally had to go elsewhere to get my music stream. So sad I LOVE PAN. Went on Help and Community forever, no resolution. Music just stops playing, Blah, Blah, Blah. Thanks to the folks who spent so much time giving me advice! Long story. Don't know why I feel ??? so wait for it SAD about this, really..... What a Yanker Im!

Thanks Community! 

0 Kudos

josephreyna55
Local Performer

Whether using a browser (Edge, Chrome), the desktop app, or playing on another computer, Pandora will stop playing music. It will not resume music if I click the pause/play function, but it will play if I click the replay icon. It will play a few songs again, till eventually it will load a song, play a split second of it, and then pauses endlessly. This has happened on both of my PC's, and will also cause static in my headphones. I assumed my headphones were the issue, till I tried different media players, or YouTube, however only Pandora streaming had issues. I play Pandora at work, and for over a year it has worked fine, till 2/23/2021, and is getting on my last nerve. The Pandora app on my phone works great though. 

I am paying for premium if that is needed information.   

I have deleted cookies, Cache's, updated both PC's, desktop app and browsers, yet nothing has helped. Would like to see if anyone has any solutions other than use another service.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @josephreyna55. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experience.

Sounds like you've run through:

++

Since this issue occurs across multiple platforms, you can also try rebooting your connection: 

2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;

Hope this helps. 🎧

0 Kudos

geofryer
Local Performer

Can't get Pandora to play. Stopped yesterday. MacBook Air

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

CBswims
Local Performer

Same here, but on a Windows 10 laptop, using FireFox 86.0 (64-bit). When I switched to a different channel an ad played, heard that fine.

But when I click on the play triangle, it just moves to the next song. can't seem to get it to play music. The other controls (thumbs down, replay, forward and thumbs up work, but not the play button. It's almost like the div that controls the forward button is overlaying the play button, I say that bc the behavior is the same.

0 Kudos

josephreyna55
Local Performer

Yeah, none of the solutions helped. I am using Pandora on several different Wifi connections on multiple  platforms. It works fine on my TV or my Phone, just not on Windows 10. 

0 Kudos

Fritters
Local Performer

Exact same issue. 

0 Kudos

JaneBarlow
Local Performer

what is the solution.  I am just about to close my subscription

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Fritters @CBswims @JaneBarlow @geofryer👋

Thanks so much for posting about this.

First, have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps for your specific browser or Pandora Desktop App to see if it helps.

Web Browser Troubleshooting:

++

Pandora Desktop App Troubleshooting:

++

Device Network Troubleshooting:

You can also try device network troubleshooting by rebooting your connection.

5. If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

I hope this helps. Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

View solution in original post

Rickarino
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem on Windows 10. It started a few days ago and now it happens with annoying regularity. I've tried running a speed test on my Internet connection and it often seems to be running a bit slow when the freeze occurs, around 8MZ download rate, but Pandora should still be able to work fine at that speed. I think the problem is with Pandora, not my wifi speed.

If anyone finds a solution, please let me know. I've spent a lot of time customizing my stations with thumbs up, but I will be switching to spotify too if no solution is found.

I haven't changed anything on my system. Pandora just started freezing on a regular basis. Has anybody at Pandora reproduced this problem like the hundreds (or thousands) of paying users? I've been with Pandora for many years and invested a lot of time customizing my stations with thumbs up likes, but I'm about ready to quit and go elsewhere. From the posts, the problem has been going on for a year, although it just started on my system (Windows 10, using both the app and online access with Chrome). 

mod edit: format
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Rickarino. 👋

Thanks so much for letting us know about your experience. I understand how frustrating this can be. I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening, in case we need to share this with our engineering team.

Troubleshooting:

I would recommend running through the troubleshooting steps while the trace is enabled, to see if it helps with the freezing issue.

Since this is happening on the both your web browser and the desktop app, I would also recommend rebooting your connection. 

• Shut down your device completely.
  • Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in.
  • Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up.
  • Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

I hope this helps! 🎧

0 Kudos

jtfigs
Local Performer

I am having the same problem but not on my android. This problem is happening to me on the desktop computer. Please help!!

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @jtfigs. 👋

Could you share a bit more about how you're listening when this happens?

• Which web browser are you using?
  • Have any error messages popped up? If so, what exactly does it say?

++

Troubleshooting:

In the meantime, I would recommend trying out the troubleshooting steps for the specific browser you're experiencing this issue with here:

Hope this helps out! 🎧

jtfigs
Local Performer

This didn't help. It only does it on my account on the desktop any web browser. Other people using the same computer have no problem with their pandora skipping every 15 seconds. I even had to leave behind my profile of 10 years and create a new one using a different email and it works perfectly fine one the same computer! It is my old account that has a glitch! Also my old account continues to work perfectly on my app so I'm not sure why this is happening. Not one representative from Pandora has helped fix this problem. Very disappointing.

0 Kudos