cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stops Playing Web / Desktop App No Error Message

Carloslc
Local Performer

I am another "notahappyuser10"  I have the same issue.  Playback starts and then goes to pause and will not restart.  This happens on my Lenovo laptop and my LP desktop, both using Windows 10.  I have no problems with Pandora on my smart TV, so I know it is not my internet service.  

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

0 Kudos
120 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @jtfigs. 👋

Thanks for your feedback, and sorry for the continued trouble. I completely understand your frustration. In the meantime, I do see that you've been in touch with someone from our User Support team via email as well.

We will be sending over a web diagnostic link shortly to get a better idea of what's happening. If you don't see the email soon, please be sure to check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 

Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

tjt
Local Performer

I am using web access via google chrome to play music on the account I PAY FOR.  In the past month or two it randomly stops making sound, although the meters bounce on the display.  I have tried another browser or two and it does it there as well.  I have tried the app and it does it there.  It does not do it when I listen via my phone. 

I have tried all manner of stuff, including engaging our IT service provider here at work.  They tell me their research says this happens randomly to some Pandora users.  If I refresh it starts a new song and then randomly drops out again.  Sometimes it randomly restarts itself.   No error codes ever.

I need this resolved soon as it is really starting to make me question my subscription.

Please advise.

0 Kudos

JenniferTriyana
Local Performer

The issue is happening to me when I listen to Pandora on my laptop.  Can Pandora please provide a clear solution to fix this ASAP otherwise I will cancel the free subscription during my trial period!  Thanks, Jen

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @tjt. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the music stopping.

Please check out my post for troubleshooting here.

Let me know if you continue running into these issues. 🎧

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @JenniferTriyana. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

I would recommend checking out my post here to see if the troubleshooting helps.

Feel free to let us know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

evecox
Underground

My songs freeze often, this is annoying, especially when I have premium and pay for this service. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @evecox! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear Pandora is freezing. 

Can you tell me a little more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? (If you're not sure how to take a screenshot, just let me know and I'll be happy to provide you with some additional steps.)

Let me know.

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

evecox
Underground

I am listening on a lenovo, 4 year old PC on line. There is no error message. The music stops playing and by the time I notice, I press the play button and I'm in the middle of another song, or I press the play button and it buffers or I press the play button an no new song starts. This is continuous some days and works perfectly on other days. I am on line all day and am not having issues with other streaming services at the same time. I pay for my subscription and am not feeling I am getting my monies worth any more. If this cannot be resolved, I will cancel my subscription. Additionally, not being able to call and speak to a CSR is not ideal. 

0 Kudos

evecox
Underground

I am using crome.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @evecox Thanks for the clarification.

Since this is happening on a computer via the web, I've moved your message from Other Devices to our Desktop board to keep things organized. 

Let's try running through these troubleshooting steps  to see if they will help.  

Let me know how it goes. 

evecox
Underground

I added pandora to the popups and redirects, we'll see how it goes from here.

ronnycat
Local Performer
This program is SO FRUSTRATING! Why does the music stop and start??? It isn't my internet connection!! what is the f solution for this?
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @ronnycat. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the music stopping.

I would recommend checking out my post for troubleshooting here.

Let us know if you continue to have trouble with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

jmattan
Local Performer

I have a similar issue on a Windows machine as since yesterday afternoon Pandora has been stuck on one song that won't play. All I see are the lyrics and a spinning image on screen. When I refresh the page or switch to a different station, pandora tries to move me to that station but the song and experience applies. I enabled cookies and refreshed and nothing happened.

0 Kudos

jmattan
Local Performer

Naturally after I sent this it started working. I don't know why but there's no need for anyone at Pandora to reply. Thanks. 

CattusServius
Local Performer

It seems that I've been having a similar problem with Pandora. I'm using a PC and Microsoft Edge Browser at home and lately, songs will simply stop playing halfway through, without me having paused or stopped it. Each time, I have to refresh the page in order to get the music going again.

There doesn't seem to be an observable pattern to this, but it's been quite consistent and sometimes, it's frequent enough to affect every 3rd or 4th song. As an example, I've had Pandora playing for the last 90 minutes and the last song I was listening to simply stopped in the middle of it. Yesterday, I played Pandora for a few hours and four songs were disrupted similarly. It's becoming quite frustrating, as it's happening every time I use Pandora lately. 

This doesn't appear to be a result of bandwidth issues at home, as I often test the speed when this happens and find it's usually robust enough to be more than ample for Pandora's streaming needs. Additionally, Pandora often displays a "buffering" message between songs, when bandwidth is ample enough for there to be no need for this to happen. 

Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be appreciated, as it's vexing and quite frustrating to deal with these issues. Thanks! 🙂

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @CattusServius! Thanks for posting. 

Since you mentioned that this is happening on your computer, I moved your poster over to our Desktop board under Stops Playing Web / Desktop App No Error Message.

If you haven't already, I would recommend first trying the troubleshooting steps that @AlyssaPandora has posted here

0 Kudos

mpdolan181
Local Performer

Why does my pandora regularly shut down my laptop? It will often "skip" like a vinyl record would before it shuts down entirely

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @mpdolan181. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening from your laptop.

Please checked out my post for troubleshooting here.

Let us know how it goes, and whether the steps help with the issue you're encountering. 🎧

0 Kudos

gbasri
Local Performer

I've played Pandora through Safari on my desktop for years, but suddenly it quits making sound after about 30 sec (although the progress bar continues). Sound returns if I refresh the page, then dies again. Some new incompatibility has been introduced. Explain??

0 Kudos