cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Listening from Windows 10 PC

Zardiwn
Local Performer

I had pandora open in my browser and it would stop with out any error messages. so i downloaded the app for windows ten and it still does the same thing where it will stop playing music and have no errors.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Zardiwn Nice to see you around the community.

Since this is happening on both the website and the desktop app, I'm wondering if this might be an issue with the network you are using to stream Pandora.

Please try connecting your device directly via an Ethernet cable and see if that helps.

If there is no change, try rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

You might also try connecting your device to an entirely different network, or using a different device on your current network, to see if your streaming improves.

Let me know how it goes! 

0 Kudos

BSuttonDC
Local Performer

I'm having a similar problem. I just signed up for the free trial and attempted to play the "Handel's Messiah" album. But it won't play; the best I can do is play the selections individually, but even that has been a struggle, as I'll click on the play icon and nothing happens half the time. But even when it does play, it won't go on to the next selection; I just see the five dots next to the one I just played.  This is on my browser.  (Opera). 

BSuttonDC_0-1586735383502.png

Before I signed up for the trial, I did not see this issue with the freebee albums and radio stations I was using.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @BSuttonDC. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening after upgrading.

Unfortunately, we don't support the Opera browser. I understand that this may be inconvenient but I would recommend using one of our supported browsers for listening to Pandora, like Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Internet Explorer.

Let me know if the issue persists in a supported browser, or on our desktop app which can be found here.

Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

BSuttonDC
Local Performer

Alyssa,

Okay, I'll try cancelling my upgrade trial and see if that gets me back to where I was.

FYI, Opera is based on the Chrome browser engine, just with a few added features and maybe less spyware.

Zardiwn
Local Performer

so im able to run youtube, spotify, netflix all fine its just pandora.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BSuttonDC I completely understand where you're coming from. Since Opera isn't a supported browser, I do believe this may be a factor in why you're running into some issues. 

Did you try out the desktop app? I suggested this option as I know some listeners like to listen from a specific browser at all times. 

++

Hey, @Zardiwn. 👋

• Which web browser are you using?
  • Any error messages? 

Let me know so I can follow up with some troubleshooting steps.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Zardiwn
Local Performer

Im using crome but i dont get any error messages, it removes the play bar and makes the music album covers fade abit.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Zardiwn Sorry for the continued trouble.

Could you please send me a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing when that happens?

If you have a Windows machine please try using the Snipping Tool. You can find specifics about this tool and how to use it here.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

0 Kudos