Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
11 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @toppop. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the community!

I moved your post over to a separate thread because this appears to be a different issue. 

• What kind of computer are you using? (Windows, MAC)
  • Are you using the Desktop App or a web browser? 
    • If you're using a web browser, please confirm which one.
  • Have you received any error messages?
    • If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know, and I can send over some troubleshooting steps. 💻

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

toppop
Local Performer

windows,firefox and no errors.  ty

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing those details, @toppop

I would recommend running through our troubleshooting steps for your Firefox web browser. 

You can also try using a different web browser to see if anything changes. 

Let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

unilady
Underground

I am having the exact same problem, firefox the album graphic just spins, no actual song title is displayed, but some lyrics are, and the counter doesn't advance.  It does work on Chrome

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @unilady, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Let's try some troubleshooting for FireFox since you mention that it works in Chrome. 

Please click here for helpful steps to take. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

unilady
Underground

Did everything, deleted cache, disabled ad blockers, did a cold reboot, the issue still remains.  Thank you for your fast response and for the additional steps possible to resolve the issue.  As of now, it appears that the most recent version of Firefox has an issue, however as I am able to access Pandora via Chrome, I am satisfied.  I have found that certain applications work better on one browser than another, so I am running Firefox, Chrome, and Opera, each accessing the various other websites which work best with them.

At the very least, it is now possible to suggest using another browser, as Firefox has a confirmed issue with streaming (Spotify, which I much dislike compared to Pandora, has the same issue).

I should say, using Chrome works

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, @unilady

Sounds like this issue may be browser-related. I would recommend using the browser that works best for you at this time. 

We also offer a Pandora Desktop app if you're interested. You can find out more about how it works here.

Happy listening! 🎶

0 Kudos

Charlie1
Underground

Music stops in play, or at first boot-up does not even begin, just says "Buffering."   I use Firefox, (do not like to use chrome) Have used FF for years, no issues. This just started happening lately more and more. Is it related to the latest Windows update that is causing so much trouble? 

FF is fully updated, and everything else on my laptop in working OK. I am updated fully in FF and WIndows.  (I use the latest version of Windows.)  Has become much worse than 'usual' in the last few days for whatever reason.

I do all the usual things, Refresh, reboot, check my Virus protection, clear Cashe, etc.. FF is "allowed" and has direct "OK" for use in my Virus Protection.  I also have completely turned off all 'Ad Blockers' as well.  Also, Youtube, etc, works fine. Oftentimes, page shows that Music is playing, but there is no sound.  Again, no issues like this anywhere else...ever, just Pandora. Not sure what else to do.

I use Pandora in the website @ PANDORA.COM

It does happen quite a bit in the car on Android as well. I would greatly appreciate any help with this. Thank you!

Moderator Edit: Removed personal info

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Charlie1. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as other listeners have mentioned a similar issue with Firefox on Windows computers recently.

I've enabled a trace on your account to better understand what's happening.

For troubleshooting, please check out my post here, (in case there's something you haven't tried yet).

++

Please try using a different browser to determine whether this issue may be browser-related. 

There's also a Pandora Desktop App for Windows here.

If you continue to have trouble, please let me know and I can have a User Support team member contact you via email to run a diagnostic test for your browser.

0 Kudos

Charlie1
Underground

Alyssa, thank you so much for your super quick response. I downloaded the App. and will try this for a while. I have of course, many apps on my phone, but truthfully, never even thought to download Pandora for the W. store site!  Maybe this will fix my issues. Thanks again...Charlie 🙂

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

No problem at all, @Charlie1. I'm always happy to help! 

I personally like the desktop app best when listening from my laptop. it's pretty easy to use. 

Feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Happy listening 🎶

0 Kudos