cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web: Playback Stops on Corporate Network

rsandler
Local Performer

I'm playing Pandora in Chrome.  For the last two days, every song stops playing suddenly at 4:09. Pressing pause/play does nothing; skipping to the next song or reloading triggers a new song, but it's very disruptive.  Songs shorter than 4:09 don't stop, and proceed to the next track like normal.  I've already tried closing out of Chrome entirely, and also rebooting my machine. No change. 

As I said, this only started happening in the last couple of days--I did not have this problem before then.

Labels (2)
14 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rsandler I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

rsandler
Local Performer

None of those steps change the behavior.  I also get the same effect in Edge.  Oddly, if I unblock 3rd party cookies, the page reloads and the song restarts, slightly after 4:09. However, the next song longer than 4:09 still stops (and unblocking-and-reblocking yields the same behavior). The cookie thing happens in both Chrome and Edge. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rsandler Thanks for providing that info.

I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Bigglesworth
Local Performer

Having the same problem as everyone else.

Music plays for about 75 to 80% through the song and just stops.  Have to manually skip to the next song to continue listening.

Listening on my PC, using Google Chrome almost always. Tried using the desktop app, same thing happens. Tried using different web browsers, same thing happens.

I have no problem listening on my phone though, that's fine.

No error message appears when this happens.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bigglesworth Can you please confirm if this is happening on a corporate/work network?

Or is this happening on your home computer/WiFi?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Bigglesworth
Local Performer

Corporate/work network, WiFi. Never had this problem in the past. There's been no updates to our network. Started about 3 weeks ago.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Bigglesworth. 👋

Thanks so much for providing those details. 

It's possible that you might be running into network firewalls at work. Sometimes IT departments decide to limit their user's access to music streaming services like Pandora. If it isn't working when you listen from the office, you may want to check with your IT department to make sure that they haven't blocked your access to streaming services.

I've shared this with our tech team on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

cheriesuchan
Underground

Very same problem as @Bigglesworth  in that, just recently, playback stops 3/4 of the way through a song on corporate desktop computer (Windows 10 wifi). IT has been assisting me to no avail, so I don't think it's anything on the customer end that needs to be fixed.  Thank you!

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @cheriesuchan. 👋

Thanks for reporting your experience with us.

I have shared your feedback with the relevant party on your behalf. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

cheriesuchan
Underground

... It will also (less frequently) stop playing at 22 seconds, but the bar across the bottom still moves forward as if it is playing. 

(both app and website)

mod edit: merge comments
0 Kudos

cheriesuchan
Underground

IMG_6500.jpeg

IMG_6499.jpeg

IMG_6498.jpeg

My IT person has come out twice now to try to solve the issue to no avail.  The same problem is occurring in desktop app, Chrome, Microsoft Edge.  It even seems to be happening more frequently now (almost every song cuts off at 22 seconds, 1:49, or 80% through a song).  Please help, as it seems to be affecting multiple Windows 10 desktop users on this forum and has been for over a month now.  Thank you.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @cheriesuchan. 👋

Thanks for sharing those additional details with us, and sorry for the continued trouble during your listening sessions. Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA or timeline for this. However, I've passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🎧

0 Kudos

cheryl7140
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue, did you get yours resolved?  I didn't see anything below.  TIA.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @cheryl7140 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble when connected to you work network. I'm happy to take a closer look.

To confirm, this only happens when connected to your work network? Are you using a Mac or Windows computer? Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Please note, we don't support VPNs or IP security programs. We recommend checking if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. Additionally, if there are any internet firewalls or anti-virus programs, we recommend allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs. Then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling them entirely as a test.

Also, are you aware of any corporate firewall or bandwidth limits that could affect your stream? Pandora does tend to use a lot of bandwidth (about 70MB per hour in short bursts of activity). You may want to check with your IT department for any recent changes that may have happened.

Let me know how it goes.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos