cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something Has Gone Wrong" When Playing Podcasts

atagmee
Underground

I get the same error message when trying to listen to some podcasts. Using Google Chrome on PC. Tried Bing and Firefox same error. Tried all Google Chrome troubleshooting step mention above and completed each step and rebooted PC, still getting error message. I deleted Pandora Ap on my phone and reinstalled, no love. About to cancel with you guys, hope you can help.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

61 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Silverlock. 👋

Thanks so much for the follow up, and sorry for any confusion regarding my first message. 

A lot of times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to pandora.com can help.

To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox:

• To install Chrome, go here.
  • To install Firefox, go here.

If you prefer to use Edge and re-opening your browser hasn't helped, try these steps:

1. Clear your browser's history, cache and cookies.
    • Click on the three dots in the top right (located on the browser toolbar).
    • Select Settings
    • Select Choose what to clear under the Clear browsing data title.
    • Check the boxes for Browsing History, Cookies and saved website data and Cashed data and files.
    • Click Clear.
  2. Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.
  3. If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to www.pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

Once you've completed this, restart your computer and then try loading pandora.com again.

If the issue persists, let me know. Thanks for your help with this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

kstilson4304
Underground

Any word on what's going on? It was working just fine yesterday but won't work again today.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @kstilson4304. 👋

Thanks for the update. I've shared your follow up with our engineers to let them know that this is still occurring. At this time, I do not have an update for a fix. However, I will post on this thread with any new information. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

darkeztdoll
Local Performer

I am having this problem too. I am trying to listen to the podcast Morbid. I am on a desktop PC, in Chrome, using Windows 10. It has been happening for weeks now. I am a premium subscriber. something has gone wrong.PNG

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @darkeztdoll. 👋

Thanks for taking the time to report this, and share a screenshot of the error message. I'm sorry that you've experienced this issue for quite some time. I know how frustrating that can be.

• Have you tried using another browser or the Pandora Desktop app to see if the issue still occurs? 
  • Have you noticed this with other podcasts? Or, just the Morbid pod?

In the meantime, I've shared this information with our engineering team on an internal ticket we have open for this issue. 🎧

0 Kudos

grizhorn2259230
Local Performer

I do too and its really annoying. Works just fine on my cell but I can only get about 2 episodes of Morbid in before it crashes on me. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @grizhorn2259230. 👋

Sorry to hear that this is happening. 

How are you listening when that error message pops up?

Are you using a specific web browser or the Pandora Desktop App?

MAC or Windows computer?

Let me know. 🎧

0 Kudos

bobbie1089
Local Performer

I am also having the same problem with my podcast, on desktop only. I have clicked on help to see if someone can help me there but that won't load, it says it's my connection is not private.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bobbie1089 Sorry to hear that you're encountering this error message. I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team.

• Does this happen with any podcast you attempt to listen to?
  • Or does this occur with specific podcast(s)? If so, which one(s)?
  • Does this occur when you listen to music as well?
  • Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing?

Also, if you are on a computer, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

aressaj
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. It has been a few weeks now. My podcasts won't play. None of them play on my computer. I am using Chrome. I have cleared my cache. I get an error that says "Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon."

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @aressaj. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering that error message.

• Does this issue only occur when you attempt to listen to podcasts?
  • Or, do you experience it when you listen to music as well from your Chrome browser?
  • Have you noticed this with specific podcasts? Or, any podcast? 
  • Could you provide an example of a pod this happens with?

++

Troubleshooting:

I've enabled a trace on your Pandora account in case we need to share this with our engineering team. 

I would recommend trying out these steps (feel free to skip any that you've already tried): 

1. Update Chrome.

2. Clear Browsing Data (including browsing history, cache and cookies):

• Click on the icon with 3 vertical dots in the upper right (located on the browser toolbar).
  • Select More Tools and then Clear Browsing Data.
  • On this screen, please select All time for the time range, and then click on Clear Data.
  • Restart the browser and go back to pandora.com.

3. Bypass the Pop-up Blocker for Pandora:

• Again, click the 3 vertical dots in the upper right, and select Settings.
  • Scroll down and click Advanced at the bottom.
  • Under Privacy and security, click Site Settings.
  • Click Popups and redirects. Under allow make sure pandora.com is listed. If not listed, click Add and enter: https://www.pandora.com, then click Add.

4. Turn off extensions.

Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them. To do that, go to chrome://extensions/ on your web browser.

5. Allow Pandora within your firewall or antivirus.

If you are using an internet firewall or anti-virus program, it could be blocking portions of our site. Try allowing access to pandora.com within those programs, and then try visiting our site again. If this doesn't help, then try disabling such programs entirely as a test to see if this affects your issue.

6. Try a different browser.

Using a different browser such as Firefox may help.

7. Restart your computer and try Pandora again.

You can also find those steps on our help site here: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

aressaj
Local Performer
  • Does this issue only occur when you attempt to listen to podcasts? yes, music plays fine but not podcasts
  • Or, do you experience it when you listen to music as well from your Chrome browser?
  • Have you noticed this with specific podcasts? Or, any podcast? It is most podcasts. I have tried several
  • Could you provide an example of a pod this happens with? Crime Junkie, Dr. No Sleep, Dateline, Serial, Morbid

I have followed steps 1-7 and it does not help. Nothing has worked. I have also tried on Firefox and they don't play on there either.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for getting back to me with that information, @aressaj. I've gone ahead and reported this over to our engineering team on your behalf.  We appreciate your patience while they investigate what's happening. 🎧

0 Kudos

Lomeki
Local Performer

I'm having the exact same issue with Morbid: A True Crime Podcast where I can play any music but every time I try to pay Morbid it gives me the "Something has gone wrong" error. I've tried it on both the desktop app and the chrome app, on two different computers (Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home), and I've gone through the troubleshooting steps, nothing helped. It only works on my mobile app (iOS 15.4.1). I tested two other podcasts, and they work just fine: (1) Welcome to Night Vale and (2) Lore. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Lomeki. 👋

Thanks so much for providing those details. I'm sorry about that error message when you attempt to listen to your podcast.

I've gone ahead and passed this information along to our engineering team on your behalf. 

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

jxn20c
Underground

Why are some political podcasts not working? Ben Shapiro, Matt Knowles, Matt Walsh... Ben Shapiro is also not working on iHeart Radio.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jxn20c Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model (and carrier, if applicable)?
  3. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  4. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

jxn20c
Underground

I am using a computer, Windows, Chrome, Pandora website. Music channels work just fine but when i click on any of those 3 podcasts, they each come back with the "Something went wrong, we are working.... " message.  Thanks. 

0 Kudos

jxn20c
Underground

jxn20c_0-1657288521418.png

Here is a screen capture of the error message.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @jxn20c.

I was unable to reproduce this issue on my end, as those podcasts all played for me when I attempted to do so.

I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos