cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Desktop App: Won't Stay Signed In

zaqxsw
Underground

Pandora Account - I Use it between two systems

I listen to Pandora between two systems: a desktop and a laptop. Neither are ever on at the same time.

Why does Pandora keep asking me to login on the laptop, and never on the desktop? It's not every day, but several times a week. And when I do sign in, it takes me to the collection that I last listened to on my desktop, not the last station I listened to on my laptop.

Again, it only happens a couple of times a week. Lots of times, the laptop will play the collection I last listened to on it.

It is just bugging me, not a real problem, just an annoyance...

Thanks for any replies!

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zaqxsw Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

You should remain signed in to Pandora on your computer as long as you aren't manually signing out.

If you're having to sign in each time you open Pandora, I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zaqxsw Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. If you are on a laptop, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

zaqxsw
Underground

Thanks for the reply!

- Both the desktop and the laptop are running the latest version of Windows 10 Pro. Both are also using the Pandora App from the Microsoft Store.

- There are no error messages and there is no error. The laptop just keeps wanting me to sign in and then take me to the Collection my desktop was playing. This does not occur all of the time. Maybe a couple of times a week.

- What I'm seeing is just the regular Pandora sign in page wanting my email address and password.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zaqxsw Thanks for following up.

I moved your post over to the Desktop space.

You should remain signed in to Pandora on your computer as long as you aren't manually signing out.

If you're having to sign in each time you open Pandora, I recommend running through the following troubleshooting steps: 

First, try resetting the Pandora app from the Help menu (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you). Press Alt on your keyboard to bring up a menu options at the top of the page, then select Help and Reset App Data.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling using the following steps:

1. Locate Pandora in your Start Menu, and right-click to reveal an additional menu. Select Uninstall from the dropdown menu. From there, select Pandora from the list and confirm by selecting Uninstall once more.
  2. Next, find our app in the Windows Store on your device. Search for Pandora in the upper right corner and click or tap Get to re-install.

Please note that downloading any application on your devices requires a Microsoft account and password, and it may be a different email address and password than those on your Pandora account.

Also, we do not support Pandora on unofficial OS releases, like preview or developer builds. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and not cause any problems with functions of the device.

Hope this helps! Let me know how it goes.

zaqxsw
Underground

I've tried them all. Thank you for the responses!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@zaqxsw Sorry to hear that uninstalling and reinstalling the app did not resolve the issue.

I'd like to report this issue to our engineers for further investigation. Could you help by providing a little more info?

1. Make and model of your device:
  2. Network (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G/LTE):
  3. Pandora version (under Pandora Settings on the bottom left):
  4. Windows version & build:
  5. Are there any error messages? If so, what do they say?
  6. Are you able to stream Pandora normally through a web browser like Chrome or Firefox?

Also, are you running a Preview Build of Windows? If so, are you in the fast ring or slow ring?

Thanks again for your help with this.

zaqxsw
Underground

Thanks for your help, but replying is more work than occasionally having to sign in.

Thanks again for your replies...

0 Kudos

Philwuese
Local Performer

Hey! Have you tried clearing your browser cache and cookies on both systems? Sometimes that can help resolve issues with login information not being saved correctly. You could also try uninstalling and reinstalling the desktop app on both systems to ensure you have the latest version. If the Windows version is giving you problems, to download legitimate Windows 11. Good luck!

mod edit: removed 3rd party link

0 Kudos

zaqxsw
Underground

Thanks for the reply. It has not been an issue lately.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @zaqxsw. Glad to hear that all is well.

Let us know if you run into any issues. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

wyrsek
Underground

This issue is definitely not resolved. It happens to me constantly. Almost every time I start up my computer and start Pandora, it asks me to log in.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @wyrsek. 👋

Thanks for sharing your experience. I moved your message over to this existing thread: Windows Desktop App: Won't Stay Signed In

Please try out the following steps in the accepted solution. 

Hope this helps - let me know how it goes. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

zaqxsw
Underground
Thanks! I haven't had the problem for close to a month now. I subscribe to
Pandora, but run it on two different computer systems. I run a different
station on each and they have been staying.

- Jim S.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming, @zaqxsw. Hope you're enjoying the tunes! 🎶

0 Kudos

wyrsek
Underground

Tried the recommended steps. Seemed like it worked for a while and then it happened again. I'm looking at the login screen right now.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @wyrsek. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're still having trouble. I can pass your feedback along to our tech team on your behalf.  Thanks for reporting your experience. 🎧

0 Kudos