cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pandora songs wont play

keldarr
Underground

i click on the play button and all it does is change the song nothing plays it has been happening for the last few days and i even bought a subscription i have reset my computer im playing the in browser version at pandora.com

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@keldarr Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

A lot of times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to pandora.com can help. To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome, which you can download here.

++

If you prefer Firefox as your browser, please try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora:

1. Update Firefox here
2. Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:

• Click on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of your browser's toolbar.
  • Select Library, then History and click Clear Recent History.
  • Make sure Time range to clear: is set to Everything.
  • Confirm the boxes for Cookies and Cache are marked.
  • Click Clear now.
  • Restart the browser and go back to Pandora.com.

3. Make sure you are accepting cookies from Pandora:

• Again, click on the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) and select Preferences (If you're on Windows, select Options).
  • Select the Privacy & Security tab on the left.
  • Go to Cookies and Site Data.
  • Click Manage Permissions...
  • Enter "pandora.com" in the Address of website field and click Allow. Then click Save Changes on that menu.

4.  Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.

5. Install the latest version of the Flash player here. 

6. Finally, if the issue persists, try rebooting your computer and returning to pandora.com

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @keldarr. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I'm happy to help. Would you mind sharing a few more details about how you're listening?

• Which web browser are you using when this happens?
  • Also, are you using Windows or MAC?
  • Have you received any error messages when you attempt to play your Pandora?

Let me know. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

keldarr
Underground

im using firefox with windows and there is no error message just cycles songs without playing. 

its not totally working but i can play solo songs but it messes up if i try to play my rock station correction any station under my collection

ok i just randomly tried playing a solo song not a station and its working i think let me check further

sorry for last post the problem is only with my collection if i pick anything i have saved it stops working period

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@keldarr Thanks for getting back to me with that information.

A lot of times quitting your browser completely, re-opening it and going back to pandora.com can help. To check if this is a browser-related issue, you could try to open Pandora in a separate browser, such as Google Chrome, which you can download here.

++

If you prefer Firefox as your browser, please try the following steps to troubleshoot Pandora:

1. Update Firefox here
2. Clear your Cookies, Cache, and History:

• Click on the menu icon (3 horizontal lines) in the upper right corner of your browser's toolbar.
  • Select Library, then History and click Clear Recent History.
  • Make sure Time range to clear: is set to Everything.
  • Confirm the boxes for Cookies and Cache are marked.
  • Click Clear now.
  • Restart the browser and go back to Pandora.com.

3. Make sure you are accepting cookies from Pandora:

• Again, click on the Menu icon (3 horizontal lines) and select Preferences (If you're on Windows, select Options).
  • Select the Privacy & Security tab on the left.
  • Go to Cookies and Site Data.
  • Click Manage Permissions...
  • Enter "pandora.com" in the Address of website field and click Allow. Then click Save Changes on that menu.

4.  Turn off extensions like Disable HTML5 Autoplay, Adblock, and NoScript, or allow www.pandora.com within them.

5. Install the latest version of the Flash player here. 

6. Finally, if the issue persists, try rebooting your computer and returning to pandora.com

Feel free to let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

DavetheDefiant
Underground

I'm having the exact same problem since yesterday in chrome and edge. I've done all of the troubleshooting above. I just downloaded Firefox and it works for me, but I would prefer to use chrome.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @DavetheDefiant. 👋

Do you receive any error messages when this happens on Chrome?

The last suggestion I have for this issue (after running through the standard steps here) rebooting your connection: 

1. Shut down your device completely;
  2. Unplug your modem and router, wait one full minute, and then plug them back in;
  3. Wait five more minutes to allow the modem and router to fully boot back up;
  4. Turn your device back on and try Pandora again.

If Pandora still isn't working in Chrome, could you check if you're able to connect to your network using another streaming service, such as YouTube?

++

If you're still unable to listen while using Chrome, I will escalate your issue to email so that we can send over a diagnostic link to share with engineering.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks for sticking with me on this! 🎧

keldarr
Underground

it seems to be working ill post again if i find any problems after listening and browsing the site more

all i had to do as far as i know was clear history and cookies for others having this problem in firfox

DavetheDefiant
Underground

Thank you. I just tried again without doing any other troubleshooting and it's working. It seems whatever caused the issue upstream has been resolved.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome! Sounds like you both are back to listening without any issues, @keldarr @DavetheDefiant. If anything else pops up, please let me know.

Have a great weekend, and enjoy the tunes! 🎵

0 Kudos