Web: "I'm Tired of this Track" Option Missing with Shuffle

ymmrek22
Underground

"I'm tired of this track" is missing and has been for some time.Capture.PNG

Labels (2)
81 Replies

doggod42
Local Performer

I have Pandora Plus, but the "tired of this track" is gone for me too. If Pandora keeps "improving" their service like this, I might have to finally migrate to Spotify.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@doggod42 You should be able to utilize the Tired of this track feature with your Pandora Plus subscription.

To do this from our website:

Hover your mouse over the album art and select "I'm tired of this track." Pandora Premium listeners should click the ellipsis (3 dots) next the album art to see that option.

To do this from your mobile device:

From the Now Playing screen, just tap the album artwork to view the track details, then tap the three dots in the top right and select "I'm Tired of this Track."

If this option is still missing, can you please do me a favor and send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for all your help with this. 

0 Kudos

lightfighter
Underground

I'm using Firefox version 72.0.2 -- 

Ok I just updated Firefox to 73.0, and it's still not there

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @lightfighter. 👋

• Does this happen with all tracks?
  • Or, does this issue occur with specific tracks you're noticing?

In the meantime, I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps for Firefox to see if it helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

vikingship12345
Local Performer

I have the same problem.  I'm using Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit), can you let me know what if anything I need to do

0 Kudos

bchertov
Opening Act

I'm a Pandora Premium Family member. I'm not seeing this option on the web (Mac/Chrome)

Sure would be nice to get back - and in general, sure wish Pandora wasn't so repetitive! 

Oh, and the attach image icon in this editing window is not doing anything! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bchertov Sorry for any trouble.

We have been unable to reproduce this issue on our end - the I'm Tired of This Song option should still be available to you when streaming Pandora on your computer.

When on the Now Playing screen, you should be able to click on the three dots to pull up the menu where that option will show. (see screenshot below)

Tired of this track.png

If that option still doesn't appear, can you please let me know what the name of the station you are listening to?

Thanks for your help with this! 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @vikingship12345. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting this.

I've also enabled a trace on your account to better determine what's happening.

• Does this happen with all songs, or specific songs in particular? If so, which ones?
  • Are you in Shuffle mode when this occurs?

++

In the meantime, I do have some troubleshooting steps for your Google Chrome browser here.

Feel free to let me know if these steps help. 🎧

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?

vikingship12345
Local Performer

Every song that I have on Shuffle.  I haven't tried it on just a regular station.

Tracy

bchertov
Opening Act

Thanks for your follow up.

I was listening to Shuffle radio - I presume that is why it wasn't presented, but it seems like it should still work in that context. 

0 Kudos

ymmrek22
Underground

I am using Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

It seems to be random... it does not show up for days or weeks and then it is there.  Sometimes it is there on certain songs and not others. I am usually on shuffle so i haven't noticed if it happens without shuffle.  otherwise is appears to be almost random but it usually does not work.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, @ymmrek22 @bchertov @vikingship12345.

I'll pass your experience along to the appropriate party to further investigate.

Your patience is much appreciated during this process!

0 Kudos

bchertov
Opening Act

Pandora Website: I am now seeing I'm tired of this track on the pandora website using chrome (Version 80.0.3987.149) for both regular stations and shuffle! 🙂 

Pandora App (ios version 2003.2): I am NOT seeing the "tired" option on either standard stations or Shuffle stations. I am NOT in offline mode. I tested it with a downloaded station and a not downloaded station. Given that I see 6 circular options (Collect, Download, etc) and 2 Goto lines (artist, station) I don't even know where it would appear. Where should I be looking for it?

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bchertov Thanks for letting us know. 

Looks like you're using Pandora Premium on your mobile device.

This feature is available on both web and mobile for Free and Pandora Plus listeners. This isn't currently available for Pandora Premium subscribers.

If you'd like to see this as a feature for Pandora Premium, feel free to share your idea / suggestion here.

0 Kudos

bchertov
Opening Act

I added a like to this thread.

tyigr128
Local Performer

omg thank you.  It's ridiculous that you have to be exactly on that view to access the option, but yes, it is there.  I looked through PAGES of people reporting the same problem before finding this, and on the Pandora help pages, there's absolutely nothing about this or even the feature, so thank you for finally helping me figure it out.

0 Kudos

tyigr128
Local Performer

If you are on any screen OTHER than this, it will NOT show up.

0 Kudos

Richmond99
Opening Act

Quote: "Looks like you're using Pandora Premium on your mobile device.

"This feature is available on both web and mobile for Free and Pandora Plus listeners. This isn't currently available for Pandora Premium subscribers."

I just upgraded from Pandora Plus to Pandora Premium and have been searching (and following directions) for the last two hours to try and figure out why this critical feature had vanished from my app.  If I'd known I'd have to forego it I doubt I'd have signed up for the upgrade.

Normally when you pay extra for a higher service tier you are able to enjoy more and better features, not fewer.  Sort of mystified here. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Richmond99. 👋

Thanks for your feedback about this. I completely understand where you're coming from. 

From the Web:

If you get sick of a track but don't want to Thumb it down on your station, let us know using the "I'm tired of this track" option.

To do this from our website, hover your mouse over the album art and select "I'm tired of this track." Pandora Premium listeners should click the ellipsis (3 dots) next the album art to see that option.

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 7.45.02 AM.png

++

Other listeners would love to have this feature with Premium on mobile devices. If you'd like to see this option as well, we do have an existing feature request thread here: "I'm Tired of this Track" with Premium on Mobile 

When voting for feature requests, feel free to leave a comment and/or click on the ❤️icon to express your interest.

Thanks so much for posting on the Pandora Community! 🎶

0 Kudos

Richmond99
Opening Act

Quote: "Other listeners would love to have this feature with Premium on mobile devices. If you'd like to see this option as well, we do have an existing feature request thread"

As has been explained numerous times in this thread, we're not dreaming up new features we'd enjoy on Pandora. We're trying to get back what we already had.

It's not a "feature we'd love to have" it's a feature we ALWAYS HAD until we paid up for Premium tier.

It would be different if we were warned when upgrading that we'd be losing basic features.