cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something Has Gone Wrong" on Web Browser

merjensen
Local Performer

I get the same message when I use my Mac. Please let me know how I can access my account again. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
48 Replies

lRomanl
Local Performer

The two most used browsers I have tried are Google Chrome and Firefox. I have gone through and tried to clear browsing data and cookies, but that didn't work. I also have seen the issue while using the mobile app, but I seem to be able to use it every once in a while.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for letting us know, @lRomanl

I've escalated your issue to our User Support team so that you can try a diagnostic for your web browser. Please keep an eye out for their email. 📬

Appreciate your patience during this process! 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

Threshkin
Local Performer

Been a freemium member for many years and enjoyed what Pandora has brought me. Yet when I finally decide to upgrade to Premium I am regretting it and rather constantly click an ad to get free music. Really frustrated with the app on my PC. Yet the android app seemed not have some of these issues I was dealing with.

If I go to a radio station I have no issue. However, as soon as I go to a playlist, specific album, song, anything that's part of the $memberships$ it will stop after the first song played. It goes to a stand still on that song. It will not let me replay the song, skip to the next song, eventually a notification comes up stating "something went wrong, we're working on it and things will be back to normal." 

One time per log in after this happens I will get a notification saying "someone else is listening." This is false and an error on Pandora's side 100%. At first I thought my phone was causing it. I hit "let me listen" and it fixed nothing in the slightest. Same issues. Restart my phone. Still the same issue on the PC App. Shut my phone off. Still the same issue.. Restart my computer. Still the same issue. 

I already had dealt with minor bugs upon installing the PC app and have accepted it for what it was as a free app access. But now that I am willing and wanting to give you guys money I just get greeted with critical error. I know I sound entitled but I'm honestly just really frustrated that after years of standing for this product to then get this in return is a bitter taste for me. 

Hope things get fixed, I may leave to Spotify, but for now I will most likely stick to using the phone app as it's not having these massive debilitating issues your product having. I don't want a service ticket as with my personal previous experience in other companies I don't find much reward out of doing those. I just want you guys to get this fixed and be aware of what state your product is in. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Threshkin I moved your post to this thread as it looks like there have been others who are running into that same error message.

I definitely understand your frustration, and will do my best to address the issues you have reported.

"Something Has Gone Wrong" error message:

I'd like to gather some additional information from you before we begin - to clarify, are you listening from:

• A Mac or Windows computer?
  • Does this error message also appear when streaming Pandora over a browser? (Ex: Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.)

Let me know.

"Someone else is listening" error message:

Check out our existing thread for this specific error message as it provides information on why it may be popping up, along with instructions on what to do to prevent it from appearing again in the future.

It's possible you may have an unauthorized user on your account which may be triggering the message.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

Slumo
Local Performer
0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Slumo Thanks for sending that over - it was very helpful.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps provided on our help page as they may resolve this issue.

It may also help to try streaming Pandora on a different browser (ex: Firefox) to see if this issue is specific to Google Chrome. 

Let me know how it goes.

Slumo
Local Performer

Yeah im done with this issue. nothing you have said to done has worked and im not going to continue paying for premium when I cant even listen to my collection.  Very frustrated at this point so unless theres a real solution ill most likely move to a different platform 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Slumo Sorry for your continued trouble.

I am going to escalate this over to our User Support team so they can further investigate this with you.

Please keep an eye out for their email.

Thanks for your patience!

grayblacks
Local Performer

I am a paid subscriber....during all my sessions, after a brief period, Pandora webpage shows

this message: "something went wrong".  In order to switch music cannels,  I have to exit pandora, and

re enter my password. How to remedy?

Gray Blacks

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey, @grayblacks. 👋

I moved your post over to this thread as you're experiencing the same error message.

Which web browser are you using when this happens?

Let me know, and I can help troubleshoot.

shamanwowi
Underground

On both Chrome (latest version and all past versions) and the desktop app I can't play certain songs/albums. It won't play the song and just pops up the message " Something has gone wrong. We're working on this issue, and we'll have things back to normal soon. " It's been like this for months and no change. What's the point of paying for premium if you can't listen to what you want? Some of the songs will let me listen while others just won't. I have been searching for a fix for months and I'm just about fed up.

I posted this on Reddit and was told to come here. I have tried every troubleshooting suggestion and have seen no change.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @shamanwowi. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble with that error message. I moved your post over to this thread as it's similar to what you're experiencing during your listening sessions.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Does this happen with certain artists or albums in particular? If so, could you give me an example of one?
  • Have you tried using a different web browser or the desktop app? Does the error message pop up?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you.

shamanwowi
Underground

To the first question, it seems random. For example, I can play one Kane Brown album but not another. I can't play two different albums by PnB Rock but can play a single.

To the second question, I have tried Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and even internet explorer, none of which fixed the problem. I then tried the windows 10 app, which displayed the exact same problem. I can use the android app with no issues but I want to be able to listen when I am on my PC.

I have tried all the different troubleshooting methods including antivirus whitelisting none of which have changed anything.

Any help would be appreciated.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for letting me know, @shamanwowi

I've created an email support case for you so we can run a diagnostic to report to engineering. 

Please keep an eye out for the email, if you don't see it soon - check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 📬

AlyssaPandora

@shamanwowi Our engineers were looking into this for you, and this may have been fixed.

Are you still having trouble today? Let me know.

shamanwowi
Underground

Still the same issue. Something I forgot to mention was that when it does the error it immediately switches to autoplay and plays a random song that I thumbed up. This time when I when I went to test it the song it autoplayed was "Go F*ck Yourself" by Two Feet.

Felt like the app was giving me a message, but I got a good laugh out of it. It's still frustrating but at least I feel like something is being done about it.

AlyssaPandora

Thanks, @shamanwowi. I'm going to share these details.

Definitely not a message from us but rest assured we're looking into this! Glad you were able to get a laugh in about it considering you're still having trouble. Thanks for sticking with me on this! 

sulynnd
Local Performer

I like to use shuffle and have several pandora stations, but it seems to play the same few songs over and over...and it rarely plays any new songs I have not heard.  Also, it frequently freezes and says "something went wrong."

Pandora used to be great and introduced me to so many new songs and artists based off my station choices, but now it is just playing very few songs over and over.

Does anyone else have this issue?

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @sulynnd. 👋

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

If you're using a computer:

• Windows or MAC?
    • Desktop App or web browser?
    • If you're using a browser, which one?

If you're on a device:

• What is the make and model?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you.

sulynnd
Local Performer

Hey,

I listen to it on my laptop and also my direct tv app on the tv.  Internet explorer, windows 10.

0 Kudos