cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something went wrong" Error consistently appears

jadedangel96
Local Performer

Whenever I listen to Pandora in my chrome browser on my Windows 10 Desktop (or laptop), eventually the page blanks out and only displays the text "Something went wrong." The music continues to play, but I lose the ability to see the name/artist or skip, pause, etc. Happens consistently after a few songs have played in a session, and does not go away when I refresh the page. I use AdBlock but have it disabled for Pandora.

See screenshot: 

jadedangel96_0-1594073582718.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @jadedangel96

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps for your Chrome browser here.

++

👋 @SDH Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue too. Feel free to try the recommended troubleshooting steps above to see if it helps. 

For your issue, are you receiving any ad-blocker error messages when you attempt to stream Pandora using Chrome?

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

View solution in original post

47 Replies

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @jadedangel96. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering that error message.

Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Or, are you using the desktop app?

Let me know. 🎧

SDH
Local Performer

Same for me... in both Chrome and Edge (chrome based) on PC.  It works on my android phone with no issues... as well as firefox on my PC.  I purged my cache and app settings in desktop chrome-- no dice.  I have an adblocker in chrome, but Pandora is whitelisted.  I have been an avid Pandora user for over 10years... and love the site and app... I just want it to work again.  Thanks for all you do... but if it stops working consistently... I will look for another service, sadly.

0 Kudos

jadedangel96
Local Performer

Hi Alysssa, I'm using Chrome.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @jadedangel96

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps for your Chrome browser here.

++

👋 @SDH Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue too. Feel free to try the recommended troubleshooting steps above to see if it helps. 

For your issue, are you receiving any ad-blocker error messages when you attempt to stream Pandora using Chrome?

Let me know.

View solution in original post

Imnotstupid
Local Performer

I can't play a song at all.  I'm using a Samsung Chromebook w/ Chrome browser. This has happened repeatedly on several songs.I get a greyed-out screen with a white disc in the center that says "Play this song now--watch a short ad to watch this in Pandora Premium." There's also a blue button inside the white disc that says "Play Song", and when I click on it I get "Oops! Something has gone wrong. Please try again later."

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@Imnotstupid Thank you for sharing your experience.

I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the issue: Chrome Troubleshooting

It may also help to test Pandora on a different browser to confirm if this issue is specific to Google Chrome.

Let me know how it goes.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

YBEZZY
Local Performer

can you fix my account please it keeps saying oops something went wrong 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @YBEZZY. 👋

Thanks so much for posting on the community.

Our User Support team has taken a look at your account. It appears that you have a few different devices associated with your account.

• What is the make and model of your device?
  • Or, are you using a computer when this happens?

Let me know. 📲

0 Kudos

YBEZZY1
Local Performer

its a Chromebook 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@YBEZZY1 I moved your post over to this existing thread in the Desktop space to keep the community organized: "Something went wrong" Error consistently appears 

Looks like you have two Pandora accounts under different email addresses. I've enabled a trace on both accounts, just in case this is happening on each one.

Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?

Does this issue occur when you're initiating a complimentary Premium session? 

I look forward to hearing back!

0 Kudos

YBEZZY
Local Performer

I am using google chrome and yes it happens when I try to initiate a complimentary Premium session also thank you for helping 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@YBEZZY Thanks for confirming.

A member from our User Support team has checked on your account and it looks like you've initiated multiple sessions. Due to licensing restrictions, we have to limit the number of Premium Access sessions per person. 

I believe you're running into this error message as a result of you hitting the limit. I know that limits like this can be frustrating, so I'll definitely pass along your feedback to the appropriate party.

0 Kudos

YBEZZY1
Local Performer

I did hit my limit on one of my accounts that's why I made a different one and I didn't hit the limit on that one so are both accounts not going to work even though I didn't hit the limit on one. Hope that makes sense. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@YBEZZY1 There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience.

Because of that, we're actively testing the length of these sessions to provide the best listening experience for everyone. As a result, the average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate.

We'll automatically save your on-demand music collection for your next Premium experience.

Hope this helps clarify. 🎧

0 Kudos

YBEZZY
Local Performer

how long is it going to be like this

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@YBEZZY The average length and availability of your complimentary session may fluctuate. I know that limits like this can be frustrating, so I'll definitely pass along your feedback.

In the meantime, you can see if you're eligible for longer trials or upgrade to Pandora Premium by visiting pandora.com/upgrade. :pandora:

YBEZZY
Local Performer

I cant even get skips this is getting annoying  

0 Kudos

YBEZZY1
Local Performer

i have been getting the "oops something went wrong" message for 4 months now 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@YBEZZY1 Are you still using Google Chrome? It doesn't look like you've enabled any sessions of Premium lately.

Have you tried using another browser? 

Or, the desktop app to see if that works too?

Let me know. 🎧