cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something went wrong" Error consistently appears

jadedangel96
Local Performer

Whenever I listen to Pandora in my chrome browser on my Windows 10 Desktop (or laptop), eventually the page blanks out and only displays the text "Something went wrong." The music continues to play, but I lose the ability to see the name/artist or skip, pause, etc. Happens consistently after a few songs have played in a session, and does not go away when I refresh the page. I use AdBlock but have it disabled for Pandora.

See screenshot: 

jadedangel96_0-1594073582718.png

0 Kudos
46 Replies

JohnSignore01
Local Performer

Why can't you please fix this soon!

Now, when I add an artist or song to any of my station, it won't let me! It shows blue screen, says, "Something went wrong," & gives me a script error! 

You say it's your end, but still it may be my cpu.

This started in 2018. It was fine since 2005.

Moderator Edit: Format, Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

a1Zb2Yc3X
Local Performer

You've had this same problem since 2018?

0 Kudos

MOHLovesAlaska
Gold Certified

@JohnSignore01 I have had this problem myself, this is what I did to fix it. I first did a windows troubleshoot when it was finished it said that Microsoft store app crashed. So what I did was open up my C command right clicked on it then clicked Administrator, another window popped up and asked if I wanted this app to make changes I of course clicked yes. When the C command window came back this is what I had typed SFC/scannow it took about 25 minutes for the scan to complete. It said it had fixed an error which caused some Microsoft windows apps to crash. Since doing this scan my system has been running like new. I'm I`m not saying you have the same problem, but it could be. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska

AdamPandora

@JohnSignore01 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of the error message you're seeing as well? 

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

MOHLovesAlaska
Gold Certified

@JohnSignore01 the reason why I had to use the C command, the windows troubleshooter stated that there were one or more files missing. So it is possible that the windows troubleshooter can fix your problem without you using your C command. Take care and stay safe.

MOHLovesAlaska
0 Kudos

CourtJack11
Local Performer

Hello! I am having the problem where is says "Something went wrong, we will try to fix this later" I am using Chrome and it is up to date. I play one song then after I try to play another song it would show the "Something went wrong message" I was wondering what to do! Thank you for answering back when you can!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@CourtJack11 I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the issue if you haven't already done so: Chrome Troubleshooting

It may also help to test Pandora on a different browser (ex: Firefox) to confirm if this issue is specific to Google Chrome.

If you continue to run into issues with this, please send us a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos