cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Something went wrong" Error consistently appears

jadedangel96
Local Performer

Whenever I listen to Pandora in my chrome browser on my Windows 10 Desktop (or laptop), eventually the page blanks out and only displays the text "Something went wrong." The music continues to play, but I lose the ability to see the name/artist or skip, pause, etc. Happens consistently after a few songs have played in a session, and does not go away when I refresh the page. I use AdBlock but have it disabled for Pandora.

See screenshot: 

jadedangel96_0-1594073582718.png

0 Kudos
47 Replies

YBEZZY1
Local Performer

yes, I'm still using google chrome, i haven't been able to use any sessions because when i click "play song" i says "oops something when wrong" every time. I tried a different browser and I can't get the desktop app on my chrome book, it's still doesn't work, is there anything you can do on your side to fix it?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@YBEZZY1 Can you try using another browser like Firefox? This will help us determine whether this is browser related.

Let me know if the issue still pops up. 

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

YBEZZY1
Local Performer

yes it still pops up 

0 Kudos

YBEZZY1
Local Performer

i tried making a new account also it still shows the same thing 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@YBEZZY1 Thanks for the update. 

I've shared this information with our engineering team. We appreciate your patience while they look into this. 🎧

YBEZZY1
Local Performer

ok let me know, 

thank you 

0 Kudos

DeanWilson
Local Performer

I've had the same problem since I switched to Pandora recently. I have the top tier account and everything. My ad blockers are completely off. Windows 10 computer currently on Firefox after having some issues with Chrome, but I had the same problems with Chrome. Even the desktop app gets the error.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@DeanWilson Thanks for sharing your experience on the Community.

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to try and reproduce this issue once more on your end.

If you able to do so, please grab a screenshot of the error message that appears.

Also, please make note of what action you were taking on the website when the error was triggered.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

CntryMusLuvBug
Diamond in the Rough

I'm getting the exact same thing on my laptop. I use the Firefox browser and when I'm trying to update a playlist or add a new song to my collection the error pops up on my screen all of a sudden. What can we do to fix this issue for me?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

@CntryMusLuvBug I emailed you back, we can go over these steps and I can help. 👍

CntryMusLuvBug
Diamond in the Rough

Okay, thanks 😉.

CntryMusLuvBug
Diamond in the Rough

I got your e-mail and I e-mailed you back 😉.

0 Kudos

Miller01
Local Performer

I keep getting the Something went wrong error. can you assist. 

mod edit: removed personal info

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Miller01. 👋

Sorry for the continued trouble.

• Are you using a web browser? If so, which one?
  • Or are you using the desktop app? If so, are you using a MAC or Windows computer?

Let me know, and I can follow up with you. 🎧

RainbowMatrix
Local Performer

I just today (December 12, 2020) updated my registration with Pandora because I wanted to find and play a specific song. Since you and others mentioned this in August and the "engineering team" was going to check into it, clearly nothing has been done to fix this problem by Pandora. Because I have not been able to get in even once--I can't play a song at all, just like you. I'm using an HP Envy laptop and Google Chrome. I also get the greyed-out screen right after I click on Play, with the white disc in the center that says "Play this song now-watch a short ad to watch this in Pandora in Premium. There's also the blue button inside the white disc that says "Play Song," and when I click on it I get "Oops! Something has gone wrong. Please try again later."--just like you, and this happens every single time I try to play a song! Is this a ploy by Pandora to frustrate customers so we will purchase the Premium version?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@RainbowMatrix I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps to see if they resolve the issue if you haven't already done so: Chrome Troubleshooting

It may also help to test Pandora on a different browser to confirm if this issue is specific to Google Chrome.

If you continue to run into issues with this, please send us a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.

Thanks for working with us on this. 🤝

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

CntryMusLuvBug
Diamond in the Rough

This is happening for me too in Chrome and it's really annoying while I'm trying to finish up adding the songs I haven't yet added to my 80s Country station details and putting another song from the same CD as the song I put in my 80s Country station details in a playlist. My laptop isn't behaving very well with the internal wifi adapter gone out of it and the usb wifi adapter isn't as strong as I thought it would be even if I have one of those linksys range extenders that makes the signal alot stronger, but I'm trying to be patient with my old laptop 'til I get a new one. I think a new usb wife adapter that's stronger and has two antennas will do the trick. I'm planning to get a new one :0).

0 Kudos

CntryMusLuvBug
Diamond in the Rough

I ordered me a new usb wifi adapter and it's coming today so that will really help me out alot. Sometimes, I wished I had asked my cousin about the usb wifi adapter before I ordered the one with the single antenna a couple months ago. I asked him after having so much troubles these past few days trying to work on my 80s Country station. He told me he has a two antenna one and it works pretty good :0).

AlyssaPandora

Sounds good, @CntryMusLuvBug! 👍

Hopefully this helps with the issue you were experiencing.

0 Kudos

CntryMusLuvBug
Diamond in the Rough

Yep, it helps so much now. My usb wifi thing is a 12000 mbps. That's super fast. The other thing was only 400 'n something mbps and that wasn't very fast at all. That explains the issue I was having.