Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Gornicus
Underground

Greetings,

As an avid Pandora user, I (like many others I presume) spend a decent amount of time & energy to curate my various stations. 

In my efforts I have occasionally come across some incorrectly labeled bands/songs/albums...  I believe this happens when more than one band/artist share a (similar) name; however, this can cause some havoc when streamlining a station for a specific genre.

For example, my station, "Goes to 11" features various metal and rock bands.  While delving into some doom metal bands I came across 'Funeral', a Norwegian Funeral Doom Metal band.  To my pleasure, Pandora has them as an available artist (unfortunately Orodruin is not - sad face); however, clicking on their artist page seems to feature what appears to be a rap/hip-hop act named 'Funeral' with a single song "Die Lit" (with the rest of Norway's 'Funeral' doom metal albums beneath.  Mind you, I have no problem with rap/hip-hop but (if I liked this song) I'd categorize it under my 'What? Yeah! Okaaaaaay!" station.  Please note that this isn't the only time that I have come across an error such as this.

Might Pandora consider adding a feature where listeners can "report" when a song/artist/album seems to be mislabeled or grouped incorrectly.  These reports could then be reviewed for accuracy and corrections made as appropriate.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I love the service!

~Gorn

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
74 Comments
IraS
Local Performer

It's weird to me that this isn't already a feature. Does the team not want help identifying issues with their product? I just joined, and the first artists I went to look up had their work listed on other people's profiles while having no profile themselves. 

SharonD
Opening Act

You would think accuracy would be important enough to created such a link!

E_Maddox
Local Performer

There needs to be a way to report issues like this. It leads to a jarring listening experience that probably isn't what listeners of either band is expecting.

1. There are two bands named The Other Ones. One is a Grateful Dead side project, the other is an 80's new wave band. The are grouped together as one band.

2. There are also two bands named Felony. One is an 80's New Wave band, and the other is a rapper. Again, they're grouped as one band.

blankface
Opening Act

@Gornicus, I have occasionally noticed this happening as well.  Sometimes, bands are delineated by geography (Faun is an example, only one of the two I really like, but I do like one of the tracks from the second band), but other times the bands seem to have no delineation.  A delineation of genre in the band name, similar to a delineation of geography might be helpful in these cases.

Also, more artist bios would probably help here.  (I’ll start a separate thread on that request.)  That would make it easier to know which of multiple bands with the same name you are probably looking for.

1PaNda13
Local Performer

Hello, I have a new one. The artist Eric Johnson Guitarist on his list of releases has 3 singles that apparently were released in 2020. they are not on his album from 2020. they are, King Of King, Come On Let's Go, and (the really disturbing one) , Type Of Way. I don't know if this is a joke or a hacker, but I scoured the internet to find it anywhere else and come up with a few dozen hip/hop rap versions of songs that are irrelevant. I have searched even the songwriters name Phillip Johnson and come up with some new swing genre thing that helps Zero. I am wiping my iPad and Pandora cache in case it is some B.S that is infectious. If anyone from Pandora is listening please look into this. Thanks!

SharonD
Opening Act

Wrong information (album cover, artist, title, but especially wrong lyrics) seems to be a constant and frequent problem.  All it would take is to add a button to the play page to report a problem and automatically send the song number to Pandora. 

Or, at the very least, have an option on the Support page to report these issues.

Instead we have to search Community, find a thread for "wrong lyrics" and respond to someone's post from 6 months ago.  Many people have complained; it would be an easy fix.  Why doesn't Pandora offer this option? 

blankface
Opening Act

Sometimes, a song has multiple versions with different lyrics by the same singer/band, and there appears to be no way to report this or get it corrected properly. I flagged one song accordingly by reporting it to Pandora, and now both versions have incorrect lyrics.  😞  

I agree with others here who have said that this should be easier to report.  

In a different thread, I asked about lyrics and was told that Pandora gets its lyrics and bios from another source, but it would be so much more user friendly if these errors (and the band/song mismatch errors reported here) could be flagged and a comment attached by us listeners that an error has been made that Pandora could look into correcting more quickly.

@AdamPandora , it might make it easier for the Pandora team if there was a single thread to report library issues if not a button within the app that flags the track for the Pandora team to look in to.  That way, we won’t have multiple posts here or in separate threads.

mod edit: merged comments

blankface
Opening Act

@AdamPandora , it might make it easier for the Pandora team if there was a single thread to report library issues if not a button within the app that flags the track for the Pandora team to look in to.  That way, we won’t have multiple posts here or in separate threads.

SharonD
Opening Act

Excellent idea!  ONE thread to report wrong lyrics, album cover, title, artist. 

(Better yet, a button in the app, please!)

Hippie666
Local Performer

F*** you for everything by lost kings is not the correct song.