cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to emphasize Lyrics/Vocals/Instrumental Aspects of Songs

Ability to emphasize Lyrics/Vocals/Instrumental Aspects of Songs

Firefairy
Underground

When I am building stations, I don't always care about the same things. Without getting too deep into the genome project magic, it would be nice if it was possible to weight the relative importance of lyrics, vocals, and instrumental aspects of the songs for a particular station.

As examples: A station that is intended to be all upbeat lyrics in a variety of styles, a station for powerhouse vocalists in a variety of styles, a station that is intended to emphasize the instrumental style regardless of the lyrics or vocal characteristics. All much easier to create if we can tell the system what we are focused on, although all would still need good seeds to get the system to catch what it is about the lyrics, vocalists, and instrumentation we are interested in.

I am sure a lot of people would like it if lyrics and maybe live versions were opt in/out as well, so that making instrumental or all-singable channels would be easier and those who are opposed to listening to the audience sing could get that out of the way without having to use potentially system-confusing thumbs to express those preferences.

Labels (1)
2 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thanks for the great feedback @Firefairy. This is an intriguing way to look at thumb feedback with varying options. 

Thanks for the suggestion! 

Firefairy
Underground

I'm trying to build a station with a particular feel to the lyrics, and when I look at the "Why this song" info, it's all about the chord progressions and harmonics, which are all over the place, because the songs I chose as seeds are a bunch of different genres, and I was wishing I could at least put a magnifying glass on the aspect I am interested in.

I remember seeing references to the vocal qualities in some of my previous stations, but I don't know if the general content or style of the lyrics is even part of the genome. I would hope, so, but I don't recall ever seeing any entry info indicating that it is.