cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Mugur
Underground

It would be great to have the ability to permanently merge selected stations into one.  All the seeds, thumbs-ups, and thumbs-down from all selected stations would merge into one station.

> This would give all the people who have a ton of stations the ability to consolidate and organize them without having to delete stations they like, and without having a complicated group/folder system.

> It would encourage people to use stations to explore unfamiliar genres more without ending up with so-so or too many stations.

> Consolidating is another tool to create some really powerful, amazing stations that you couldn't get by just adding seeds.

I've wanted this feature for over ten years. Let's make it happen.

mod edit: format and title for clarity

Labels (3)
62 Comments
thekings527
Local Performer

This would be a great feature that would allow me to clean up my stations and make it more manageable. 

silverfunk
Local Performer

Absolutely!  Merging stations would be fantastic.  I have several stations that are similar.  It would be great to merge the artists, albums, songs, thumbs up, thumbs down, etc. into a single station.  It expands the station while still keeping the general feel.

weristpaul
Local Performer

I'm looking for this feature for years! That would really be great.

ericalane
Local Performer

This used to be a feature many years ago... I still have custom stations on my account in which I added numerous stations to one station and could rename it. There also used to be an option called "add variety".

Please bring this feature back. I don't like thumbprint or shuffle. I like to make my own station blends for different moods or occasions, such as a station for working, gaming, exercising, driving, holidays, etc.

I thinks many of your users and premium users agree and use your app similarly. I am one of those premium users, but will not renew and will switch to another music streaming service if Pandora cannot meet the needs and expectations of its users.

Ferrydust
Local Performer

Strongly wish for the ability to merge stations. Goodness it would make so much positive difference.

jkrey
Local Performer

Agree that this is long overdue. My car's bluetooth gets confused when I have too many Pandora stations, so I have to keep cutting out stations and manually seeding desired tracks to other stations. Why is this so hard that so many requests have gone ignored?

Mifune1954
Local Performer

The ability to merge stations would be a great option! Please make this happen. Thanks

Cshug18
Local Performer

THIS THIS THIS!!

Would Love this feature so much. 

Branching Station Trees would be huge. Starting from a good station base and tweaking them into different moods would be amazing.

Related, I think it would be great to be able to "subtract" stations. It would be a great way to prune out unwanted styles/moods from a particular branch.

mecrensh
Underground

If you're like me, you have a lot of stations that have ended up pretty similar and now your Collections are overflowing with redundancy and stations you don't listen to very often as a result. 

Currently, there is no option to merge Pandora stations. This is a petition to make that dream a reality!

Please comment if you, too, would like to merge stations! 🙂

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mecrensh I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Ability to merge/split stations

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️if you'd like to see it added to the service as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!