cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Ideas: Ability to merge stations

Mugur
Underground

It would be great to have the ability to permanently merge selected stations into one.  All the seeds, thumbs-ups, and thumbs-down from all selected stations would merge into one station.

> This would give all the people who have a ton of stations the ability to consolidate and organize them without having to delete stations they like, and without having a complicated group/folder system.

> It would encourage people to use stations to explore unfamiliar genres more without ending up with so-so or too many stations.

> Consolidating is another tool to create some really powerful, amazing stations that you couldn't get by just adding seeds.

I've wanted this feature for over ten years. Let's make it happen.

mod edit: format and title for clarity

Labels (3)
62 Comments
Ferrydust
Local Performer

Is there any timeline on this?  It's been only a few many years now.............................

mtntrash
Local Performer

Have been wanting this since I signed on.  Please make it happen.

hha225
Underground

Long time user here.  I recently began subscribing to pay for this specific feature.  Hopefully it works.

If I were to make pseudo code for this feature: 

it would:

-collect names of stations to be combined

-extract list of thumbed up tracks and variety tracks as well as a sample of historical songs played. 

-lists from all stations to be combined will be combined

-This new list of stations would be used to create a new station with the desired name.  The songs on the list will be added as variety to this new station to provide the desired blend of content. 

[optional deletion of old pandora stations that were merged into new one question]

[optional bulk merge per specified parameters i.e. genre, instruments, bass heavy, etc]

stoag
Local Performer

add me to this list .. needs to happen already heh.. I'd pay for that ability.

Ergoism
Local Performer

I have also wanted this for like ten years. "Just move your upvoted songs to the station you want to merge it into as Variety" -- that's like 200 songs.

morganmedics
Local Performer

It couldn't be that difficult. Please make this a priority to give us the opportunity to customize our accounts, at least on Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium!

Grouch
Local Performer

Amazon Smart speakers are creating duplicate stations.  There needs to be a way to merge the duplicates into the existing station.  It would also be nice if Amazon smart speakers could not create those duplicates.  If you look at my stations, you will see two Nora Jones Radio stations when there should only be one.

Grouch
Local Performer

Amazon Smart speakers are creating duplicate stations.  There needs to be a way to merge the duplicates into the existing station.  It would also be nice if Amazon smart speakers could not create those duplicates.  If you look at my stations, you will see two Nora Jones Radio stations when there should only be one.

Redhed100
Local Performer

Please do - for example - My Beatles station (Artist only) and my 4 individual Solo Beatles (all artist only) merged together would be amazing.  Or Paul McCartney and add Wings.  

nanajuju
Local Performer

I use Accuradio most of the time for this one reason - Nearly all my stations are what Accuradio calls Blends.  However, I can't get Accuradio with the straming service I use, so I'm stuck listening to Pandora at home.  (I use Accuradio at work).  I've been listening to Pandora at least 10 years, and I've asked regularly to enhance our listening pleasure by merging stations.  

Whats the hold-up and why won't you give it to us?!

Moderator Edit: Format