Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Gornicus
Underground

Greetings,

As an avid Pandora user, I (like many others I presume) spend a decent amount of time & energy to curate my various stations. 

In my efforts I have occasionally come across some incorrectly labeled bands/songs/albums...  I believe this happens when more than one band/artist share a (similar) name; however, this can cause some havoc when streamlining a station for a specific genre.

For example, my station, "Goes to 11" features various metal and rock bands.  While delving into some doom metal bands I came across 'Funeral', a Norwegian Funeral Doom Metal band.  To my pleasure, Pandora has them as an available artist (unfortunately Orodruin is not - sad face); however, clicking on their artist page seems to feature what appears to be a rap/hip-hop act named 'Funeral' with a single song "Die Lit" (with the rest of Norway's 'Funeral' doom metal albums beneath.  Mind you, I have no problem with rap/hip-hop but (if I liked this song) I'd categorize it under my 'What? Yeah! Okaaaaaay!" station.  Please note that this isn't the only time that I have come across an error such as this.

Might Pandora consider adding a feature where listeners can "report" when a song/artist/album seems to be mislabeled or grouped incorrectly.  These reports could then be reviewed for accuracy and corrections made as appropriate.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I love the service!

~Gorn

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
74 Comments
Johnny0634Cash
Underground

HOW do I {heart} a thread?

SharonD
Opening Act

YES YES YES YES

an easier way to report wrong titles, wrong lyrics, wrong artists

YES YES YES YES!!!!

Jessica1
Opening Act

We need a way to report any type of errors within the app. We shouldn't have to go to a different app to open a mobile browser to get to the (badly formatted) mobile website to report the error 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

We appreciate your feedback around this, @Jessica1

Feel free to share any additional ideas / suggestions you may have.

Thanks for being a part of the Pandora Community!

SharonD
Opening Act
NO objection here! In fact, I've been clamoring/suggesting this for
years. C'mon, Pandora, make it easy for us to help YOU post accurate album
covers / artists / lyrics for your library!
SharonD
Opening Act

It seems like such a logical feature, and not at all difficult to add a mailto: link (as long as that link is monitored and will result in correcting lyric, artist, artwork errors).

C'mon, Pandora.  Give us a way to report errors!!

jonf
Local Performer

Hey Pandora - I found another lyrics error when using the browse to listen to Pandora:  When playing a "Disney Peaceful Piano" album's version of A Toy Story's "You've Got a Friend In Me" (a Randy Newman piece), the lyrics displayed are from the Carole King song of the same title ("When you're down and troubled, and need a helping hand...).  I took a screen shot if you need the session data.

SharonD
Opening Act

(Raising hand high) AYE!

Only1Yaya
Local Performer

I agree there needs to be error reporting in the app. You guys have songs that are covers sang by someone else other than the artist the app says is playing (the original). It’s very annoying to think you are listening to an artist’s song when you’re really not.

OleYeeter
Local Performer

Agreed, i’d like to see an option to report bugs directly within the Pandora app.