Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Ideas: Ability to report catalog or bug issues through app

Gornicus
Underground

Greetings,

As an avid Pandora user, I (like many others I presume) spend a decent amount of time & energy to curate my various stations. 

In my efforts I have occasionally come across some incorrectly labeled bands/songs/albums...  I believe this happens when more than one band/artist share a (similar) name; however, this can cause some havoc when streamlining a station for a specific genre.

For example, my station, "Goes to 11" features various metal and rock bands.  While delving into some doom metal bands I came across 'Funeral', a Norwegian Funeral Doom Metal band.  To my pleasure, Pandora has them as an available artist (unfortunately Orodruin is not - sad face); however, clicking on their artist page seems to feature what appears to be a rap/hip-hop act named 'Funeral' with a single song "Die Lit" (with the rest of Norway's 'Funeral' doom metal albums beneath.  Mind you, I have no problem with rap/hip-hop but (if I liked this song) I'd categorize it under my 'What? Yeah! Okaaaaaay!" station.  Please note that this isn't the only time that I have come across an error such as this.

Might Pandora consider adding a feature where listeners can "report" when a song/artist/album seems to be mislabeled or grouped incorrectly.  These reports could then be reviewed for accuracy and corrections made as appropriate.

Thank you for your time and consideration, I love the service!

~Gorn

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
74 Comments
Gornicus
Underground

Just curious how many "hearts" a feature request needs before it is considered?

creepingdoubt
Local Performer

Just technical feedback on a single cut.  Darren Lyons' "Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye" freezes at 7:02 minutes (with an indication beside it that the song actually ends at 7:11 minutes).  I don't know how to get this message to Pandora's techs.

Mkruge
Local Performer

Hey devs, please input a button function big highlighted option to "suggest edit " songs. What i mean is allow us to open edit the song profile lyrics. So as we listen to the song we can input the correct lyrics for say a new song, or song that's old but doesn't have lyrics.  Have it make a copy and send the suggested edit copy to the artist.  Let them proof it and Y/N it.  It'll be a good way for Pandora to complete its archive as well and users who wanna contribute can do so in a big helpful way. 

mod edit: removed personal info

Levi
Local Performer

I bought the premium and I still have ads and still have limited skips. Anyones help would be nice

matt-gx1993
Local Performer

I was looking through prodigy of mobb deep solo stuff and I came to find out his music catalog is under the wrong name! I guess they get the rapper prodigy mixed up with the rock band The prodigy!🤔

Johnny0634Cash
Underground
I'm shocked. Shocked.
{not}
frolickinfroggy
Local Performer

Is this ever going to be put into place? I see that this original thread was created in 2019. It is now 2023. I have found that there is a song by Jimin, called Promise. The copyright on it is "Quicksilver Music Group" when it should be "Big Hit Music." This Quicksilver group has tried to claim credit for this song on other platforms and has successfully been removed because they do not own the rights to the song. However on Pandora, years later, it is still listed instead of the correct company. I am thinking a big part of the problem is the lack of ability to report? I am currently on a free trial to see if I like Pandora but if this is the way things are handled and key features are just missing, I will go back to Spotify. Please consider adding this feature ASAP. It should have been added long ago. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@frolickinfroggy Thanks for your feedback.

While this is not currently a feature, I've gone ahead and passed your report along to our curation team so they can further investigate.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!

SharonD
Opening Act
Absolutely should be a prominent feature. Why wouldn't Pandora want to
know wrong information posted in their streaming feed?? So make it a
one-button report. This is an easy fix. Just. Do. It.
muzikman1104
Local Performer

Agreed. For example, the compilation album "Music Styles: The Vocalists" credits the song "It's Been a Long, Long Time" to Helen Forrest, but (despite what the packaging might have said) it's most definitely Kitty Kallen singing (with Harry James' Orchestra).