cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Add Cast feature to Web and Desktop App

Ideas: Add Cast feature to Web and Desktop App

forbissh
Underground

It is common for me to use the web or desktop client. I have a Google Home and a Chromecast that I'd like to be able to cast to (like I can with YouTube and used to be able to with Google Play Music). Something similar to the cast icon that's present in the mobile app, but that can be used on the desktop and web clients as well.

Labels (1)
16 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

NoScore4U
Local Performer

Competitors like spotify already have a cast feature to cast music from the app to speaker groups. Please add this.

Crisita99
Local Performer

I'm not familiar with the "Cast" feature, but this sounds like the feature I am looking for so I'm not posting a new request.

On the Windows Desktop app, I would like to be able to select my output device.  In Spotify, when you click on the speaker you see output device options.  This is useful when you have headphones plugged in for meetings, and an Alexa Echo dot connected via Bluetooth for music.  When using Pandora (which I prefer!), to listen to music on my Echo Dot I have to unplug my headphones from the computer.  Then I end up fumbling to plug them back in when I join a meeting.

Thank you.

Darthlacey
Local Performer

How is this idea not more popular? I am dying to be able to cast on my desktop app/browser. I end up defaulting to Spotify during the workday simply because it is more convenient. 

jimg9453
Local Performer

I just discovered this feature on Spotify and would prefer to use it on Pandora.  Spotify has a speaker icon labeled "Connect to a device" that allows me to search and select the music on the Spotify app and then select one or multiple speakers to play the music.  Selecting the music on an app is much more efficient than trying to get Alexa to understand my verbal request.  Alexa's ability to understand my requests is very primitive.

Hoosier84
Local Performer

Seriously, big flaw in Pandora. Love the app, but not being able to send it Chromecast means I don't use it much. 

planck
Local Performer

Yes, I'm looking to be able to cast directly from the browser to a Google Home speaker. I have noticed that nearly every app I've used on a phone, has a far, far better experience to offer in a browser. The app just isn't the same on a Chromebook.

With respect to the cast icon, which I searched in vain for on the web GUI, and found it very, very difficult to find within the Pandora app,  That icon is easy to see with Spotify, YouTube Music, Apple Music. In fact, the biggest draw to Spotify was a very mature user interface. 

The only reason I came here was to ditch Joe Rogan. I have enjoyed the selection of music so far, but if you can't add this one thing to your user interface, I will be lost before the trial is over. Make casting from the browser a feature of your web user interface.

ewolf
Local Performer

+1 to add ability to cast from web and desktop apps, just like you can do from the mobile app. I end up using other streaming services when I'd rather use Pandora, just because this feature isn't available for web or desktop.

agreene
Local Performer

Please add this feature- not worth the subscription for me without it.

andyb7723
Local Performer

I would love to see this feature.  I like to be able to control my Sonos speaker from the app when I'm using Spotify or the Pandora mobile app.  It would be really nice to be able to do it from my computer while I'm working.