cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Add menu option to add a song to an existing station as new variety (seed).

Ideas: Add menu option to add a song to an existing station as new variety (seed).

tstaud
Underground

Similar to the 'Add to Playlist' option in the song menu, create an 'Add to Station' option where the song would be added as a new seed/variety for the station.

Labels (1)
9 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Thats a great idea @tstaud. Thanks for sharing!

Ferrydust
Local Performer

This has been needed for so many years. So many songs that come up may not fit the existing station yet are perfect for a different station and I'm bewildered as to why Pandora hasn't yet allowed us to seed our other stations, that would make the whole thing more accurate and useful for everyone.

Francesca
Local Performer

You know, I would swear that they had this years ago (2011?) where you could add variety by adding another song. I remember being able to do this back in college. A handful of years back I went to do this again and realized that it was gone. I check back every so often to see if there's a new option.

This would also be really useful for helping a station to zero in on what you're looking for.  Far too often I'll start a station with a song that I love but no amount of feedback will turn it into a station that I'd listen to.  It always feels like a frustrating waste of time. 😓

Cshug18
Local Performer

I would love a feature to add a song to the station seed track from the play screen. 

Particularly when in discovery mode I often come across a song I'd like to add to the station seeds to create more variety.

Similarly, this would be great app-wide. For instance, a button that goes "Add to: <Particular Station>"

docclabo
Local Performer

I too thought that this option was available in the past. It is a badly needed option.

Grant_Carlson
Underground

To my knowledge, the "add variety" (add seeds) option has only ever been available via desktop/web, but listening via mobile devices must be far and away the most common listening condition these days, and the add variety function is probably one of the best (and possibly least known/understood) feature of Pandora.

I love this idea.

jkruse3358
Local Performer

It was an option, several of my stations back in the day grew from a collection of songs added or deleted from the station. I am sad it isn't an option any longer. Rethinking my paid subscription😟

jkruse3358
Local Performer

It is still an option, just not intuitive to find. Gotta go to my collection click on the station and then add.

tstaud
Underground
That’s too manual

Sent from my iPhone