cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Albums, Songs, and Artists With Increased Weight for Play on Stations

Adding Albums, Songs, and Artists With Increased Weight for Play on Stations

MusicIsForever
Diamond in the Rough

It would be great if Stations could additionally be influenced not only by Station seeds, but by Artist selection, Album selection, and Song Selection in the Station mix, all of which would be in different specific parts as they are in menus now, but just having an increased weighted average for play. I know that both Artist and Song can be used to influence the mix already, but I am seeking a mix where something such as one or more albums might see more play in a mix, and that this addition could be tailored according to each station. This information could be given to Pandora by selecting albums, artists, and songs for different stations via the menus already available, but have some sort of clickable adjustment to increase their ability to influence stations.

Let me give a for instance: I just selected several Dream Theater live albums in the album menu. In my opinion, this should designate that these are the Dream Theater albums I want for my Dream Theater station to focus on. I selected them because I want to hear them as more prominent in stations related mixes that include Dream Theater as a seed.

Labels (2)
4 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @MusicIsForever thanks for posting! This would make things really interesting, I like it! Very good idea. 

Don't forget to vote for the ideas you'd like to see on Pandora! This lets us know whats popular!

Thanks for sharing! 🎧

MusicIsForever
Diamond in the Rough

"Very good idea." TY! I appreciate the compliment.

MusicIsForever
Diamond in the Rough

I also think it would be very interesting to have the ability to deny artists and albums, similar to how songs can be thumbed down. For example, someone who listens to Megadeth and Metallica might want to opt out of a band such as Slayer, or certain albums by a band like Slayer. For example, I like nearly all the songs off of the Seasons in the Abyss album, but I feel like I have outgrown their most critically acclaimed album Reign in Blood. It is not that I'm disagreeing with the critics. It's a great album, but these days I simply don't care to listen to it and would like to be able to tell Pandora that.

Seph
Opening Act

Being able to increase the weight of a song could be done by prioritizing that type of "music DNA."

I put in a feature request for being able to specify music DNA, and if there was a prioritization aspect, it would cover this use case:

https://community.pandora.com/t5/Feature-Requests/User-control-of-Stations-quot-genre-DNA-quot-add-r...