cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Adjust speed of podcasts

Ideas: Adjust speed of podcasts

Ryanb
Underground

Can you make it so we can adjust the play speed of things such as podcasts so I can listen to a podcast at a fast speed to get through it faster. 

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (4)
19 Comments
Ryanb
Underground
Playback speed should be able to be adjusted in podcasts
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hey, @Ryanb. 👋

Thanks so much for your suggestion! 

Don't forget to upvote your idea by searching for the title of your suggestion on the main Feature Request page, and clicking on the ❤️icon next to it.

Hope to see you around the community more. 🎶

bobtherr1
Underground

Provide a playback speed adjuster in at least .25 increments between .5x and 2x

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @bobtherr1. 👋

I moved your post over to an existing Feature Request to keep the community space organized. 

Thanks so much for posting your request!

bobtherr1
Underground

Ok. Didn't see that request. Thanks

masparks
Local Performer

I would love to be able to just use Pandora for both music and podcasts. I need this feature for this to happen though. Thanks!

Lucasy26
Local Performer

is this going to happen yet or what this was 8 months ago I would love to just use pandora for everything.

Da_Too
Local Performer

This is a must feature if I am to use Pandora for music and podcast enjoyment.  Until then, other podcasting apps rule and this keeps their music options more viable than Pandora (which I love so get it together Pandora. Let's go)!

Warpedou812
Local Performer

Please offer this tied to the podcast. I enjoy listening to music at normal speed, but listen to about 55 podcast channels from 1.3x to 1.8x depending on the speaker and the content. If it is detailed, or they are a quick speaker, slower. If it is just a story, or they speak slowly, I speed it up more. Adjusted for normal pitch. No Alvin and the chipmunks, please.

Thanks.

musiclife19882
Local Performer

I echo everyone's sentiments except I'd enjoy this feature for both music and podcasts. I ballroom dance and believe it or not adjusting the speed of a song just to 1.25x can sometimes change it from a rumba to a cha cha depending on the new timing it creates. It leads to so many more possibilities! I use youtube more often because of this, but I would love to have this feature for my already created playlists.