cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Adjustable visual equalizer

Ideas: Adjustable visual equalizer

Me-myself-I
Opening Act

It would nice to have a small EQ in the app that allows adjustment to the music, so one can pump up the bass or other frequency, compensate for older music that has not been remastered.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
98 Comments
TannerPandora

Hi @Daniel thanks for the idea. I've merged your post with an exisiting thread

We don't currently alter music equalization on Pandora from how it appears on the original releases unlike terrestrial radio but we appreciate the feedback on this! ❤️🎧

Don't forget to like those features you'd like to see on Pandora. Thanks for being apart of community! 

EY
Local Performer

I'd like to add my voice as well! I play music while I work and it frequently goes from barely audible to yelling at me. I just can't believe there isn't yet an equalizer function!

jsoard
Local Performer

I've asked for an equalizer before and have been told that the music remains true to the original recording. I can respect that to a point. I may be listening in ways that alter the original recording a great deal, e.g. earbuds, car, bluetooth speakers, that all interpret the original recording differently. So tailoring music to my preferences is a listener's prerogative.

After 10 years I was ready to invest in Pandora subscription (I'm frugal) until I realized that I would still be without an equalizer... so I switched pay-for-play platforms. I am that loyal listener that didn't have to be lost.

kalamazandy
Local Performer

I Really want this as well. And if you really want to kick some butt, allow for different equalizer settings for each station. If there's a way for it to understand the output from your phone, then allow for a different equalizer for each of those as well.

Car bluetooth Probably just needs a fairly flat equalizer, since your car stereo likely has it's own built in. However, you might want a different version for pop, rock, classical, etc. For one, you Likely want to boost the hell out of classical so that if you're navigating using your phone as well, you don't go deaf from the navigation being so loud in comparison. 

Then you might have some crappy wireless headphones which probably are super treble heavy, so you'll need some adjustments there. And the safety headphones you use for lawn equipment might need something different. Or your big ol' over the ear headphones you might want another setting.

You get the idea. Apple doesn't do this for you, so I guess it's up to you.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Skraeling
Local Performer

Still waiting on an eq

Mwmitchell
Local Performer

No E.Q.after countless request ? Well, See Ya !  Spotify just earned my subscription dollars. 

come on Pandora, you’ve had plenty of chances. 

bread
Local Performer

It would definitely be cool to have an equalizer, it sounds so bland and tingy without a good bass!

NYPaidSub
Local Performer

So true... Pandora can easily add a simple bass, treble and mid-range function. To offer such a poor & lackluster excuse as "not to change the quality of the original recording" is disappointing to read, particularly after they've sponged many of my subscription dollars over the years. 

balluny
Local Performer

I would appreciate an equalizer as well. Playing music while at work and I'm constantly changing the volume up or down. Then when I get a call I have to change or stop playing altogether so I can concentrate on what my customer is saying to me.