cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Ideas: App for Android Automotive (AAOS/Google Built In)

Irishska
Underground

Pandora seems to have an app for every smart device I have ever bought, except a new car with AAOS (Android Automotive OS).  Please port a tablet version of Pandora for AAOS so that I can use that instead of radio or Spotify (which does have an app). 

90 Comments
KorCyr
Local Performer

I'm another long time Volvo owner and a loyal Pandora listener.  It is extremely disappointing that my new 2023 XC90 Ultimate does not come with Pandora app.  Is it because Pandora is now a part of Sirius XM and there are some licensing issues? Can anybody confirm if there are any plans to make Pandora available on AAOS?

larryG
Local Performer

Pleas bring Pandora back to Volvo.  I have been a subscriber since 2010 and my previous 2016 Volvo had the pandora app.  Don't want to unsubscribe but if I can not listen to Pandora on my 2022 Volvo infotainment system I will have to cancel my subscription.  What a shame!

larryG
Local Performer

It's interesting that I have not heard why Pandora does not support Android Automotive OS. Is it some legal or monetary thing.

Stmfgd876
Local Performer

Same here. Spotify is on my radar. The limited Bluetooth version is not cutting it. I just want to like and unlike! Good lord. 

gduren
Underground

It's my understanding that apps for AAOS have to use a standard format, so it's not like porting your existing app to AAOS, it's more like starting from scratch (with an AAOS template).  However I also understand that AAOS is taking over as an industry standard with many new cars adopting it (even if they don't adopt the "google built-in" functionality with Maps, etc.).  So it seems that there's ample reason for Pandora to put in the effort.  Please put some programmers on it!

JTep
Local Performer

Shocked that there is not option to add Pandora to the AAOS of my new Volvo.  I'm literally being forced to switch to Spotify.

JeffComeau
Local Performer

I switched to LiveOne, formally Slacker Radio.  

larryG
Local Performer
I’ve also switched to Spotify and will now be canceling my Pandora account. Too bad, I really liked Pandora and have subscribed for over 10 years.
Oddnoggins
Local Performer

I've had to start using Spotify with my Polestar 2 that uses Android Automotive OS. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE get a Pandora app developed for AAOS so I can stop using other services. The music discovery is by far better on Pandora than any other streaming service, which I found out the hard way when trying to find something that would work with my cars infotainment system. I tried Tidal, YouTube Music, Spotify, Amazon Music. With there being a Pandora app for Android phones, is it really that difficult to get one made for AAOS platform?

GenX
Local Performer

Being a software guy, I don’t see how this would be hard to implement. And with so many people in this thread claiming to be canceling their subscriptions and switching to other services, I am surprised to see the lack of any action from Pandora. Very sad to see another good service dying.