cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Audiobooks (not just Podcasts) on Pandora

Ideas: Audiobooks (not just Podcasts) on Pandora

DannyK
Underground

Most Music Services are now really pushing Podcasts . . . what if Pandora took the reins and took that idea a step further. What if Pandora began to integrate audiobooks (like Scribd) as part of the Premium subscription?

That'll add much more value to Pandora than Spotify or its other competitors. Pandora would be the pit stop for all listeners . . . Literally.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
18 Comments
ceresmary206
Underground

@Listener001 , Libravox are open source material meaning that their copyrights were dropped either because of age of the publication, or that the family didn't keep up with the copyright when the author has either deceased, or failed to update their copyright.  It happens. Libravox has a larger stable of volunteers that read the books for the organization that offers books on Tape for the Library of Congress, etc for the  blind and disabled.   And are available as a viable source on Youtube that are recognized as "non copyright protected" material.  

I would hope that being there is a bevy of material out there that is in this classification either through Librivox or elsewhere, why not allow listeners access through Pandora since it would open up so many more channels for children's lit, poetry, mysteries, nonfiction, cozies, romance, and so forth.  It could open up a whole wing to another community of those wanting to talk about books, giving ideas for parents for home schooling, etc.  It has a larger appeal for so many.

ceresmary206
Underground

Oh and I would love podcasts being made available as well, again, what a way to increase listeners to Pandora?

spamdora
Local Performer

great idea

ceresmary206
Underground
I need to know if the suggestion can be sent to Pandora Corp to see if it
could be done. I know you're a local performer and I appreciate the
support!
andrews3338
Local Performer

I think that offering audio books on Pandora, like Spotify and others do, is an awesome idea.  It would also help people make thr decision to go to Pandora over Spotify, as it will be a feature that you have as well.  I like the fact that Pandora is based in the US, unlike Spotify, as well.  Please add an audio book channel to your application.  THANK YOU.

ceresmary206
Underground
I am glad that people can see the Marketing practicalities to do this! Any
word at all from Pandora? Would like to know...
DofDJSS
Local Performer

Definitely this needs to be implemented. I like Pandora fine, but it's no so differentiated to me than any other music streamer. Given then, if there were one streaming service that really did everything I want it to, I would readily leave Pandora for that. Ooooooor, Pandora could pick up audiobooks, and then we don't have to worry about it 🙂

Seems like it should be pretty simple, but what do I know.

Gaidakm
Local Performer

Bring on Audio books!! I would love to see this change.