cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
175 Comments
some_clever_nam
Local Performer

Please add the ability to block an artist.

Ornithanatomist
Local Performer

Would totally love this, simply to better curate my playlists.

Forthright-50
Local Performer

I am so tired of being a PAYING Pandora customer and not having the option to block songs, albums, or artists.  I once spent an entire morning thumbing down every T***** S***t song & every album so I would not longer have to listen to the no talent auto-tuned artist.  Today was the icing on the cake. I click to listen to a "recommended" Pandora station and, and Pandora played hate filled songs by "B*** B******, who even presents as said hate filled person in his music. I am stunned that such horrid hate filled music is playing on my feed. Is the locale of Mississippi causing such horrid music?  I don't want to listen to hate-filled coded religious music either. What in the world is happening at Pandora??? Anything??? It's been years and it's time for someone at Pandora to realize that your baby e for explicit does not even come close to covering the level of systemic racial insensitivity and hate speech coming out in your newly recommended music. And don't even get me started on the "coded" hate speech.  I did not spend 5 decades on this earth to have such utter stupidity recommended to me via music. Give customers the ability to block.  The same rules that apply to social media should apply to Pandora.

caldella
Diamond in the Rough

I doubt that this is a feature that Pandora will even implement due to pressure from record labels, but I do wish it was one and would even consider being a paid member if it was implemented for membership. Not just for blocking out controversial artists - just to block ones who repeatedly show up despite thumbs down. I have one particular group who shows up frequently on one of my stations because, generally, their sound matches the other music there. But I do not care for their singer's voice and would rather not waste tons of thumb downs (which have been having issues sticking, as noted in another forum thread) on a specific artist over and over.

Likewise, anyone who listens to instrumental or classical stations probably knows the frustrations of Pachelbel's Canon in D. Since this tune is so ubiquitous, has been covered so many times, and has a chord progression frequently found in other music, it's nearly impossible to stop it from playing. One time I had 12 versions of it play on one station in one day despite downvoting every one I could. Twelve. While blocking Pachelbel's music wouldn't stop any performances Pandora lists under the performing artist, it would stem the unforgiving tide from the classical compilation albums that seem to jam it in at every opportunity.

emailsich
Opening Act

Is this an issue with you that is about the artist, or is more an issue of wanting an EASY LISTENING Genre?

I need more info. But it sounds like what you are asking for is a BPM or Tempo switch - blocking out all the hard heavy metal musicians....

K8pinto
Local Performer

Blocking artists and songs seems like it should be a standard feature already. 

rhormigo
Local Performer

Is anyway to filter a particular artist to play in my stations? I am aware of the explicit filter, but Ye there may be certain individual singer that hurts me deeply and I don't want to support economically or otherwise.  No even sure how Pandora still  supports people like that.

Pete4
Local Performer

Kanye West will be the first artist ever canceled by Pandora.  Guaranteed. 🔯

CarolinaSteve
Local Performer

Hey Pandora please do not listen to your users.  😉   Please continue to allow any artist to be available to anyone who cares to listen to them.   

It'd be great to allow a Pandora subscriber to filter selected artists that do not "fit" a station, for whatever reason, assuming this feature does not put Pandora in violation of artist agreements.

Scatterjoy
Underground

Yayyy.  This is an ancient feature request.  I will curate my own music and pay for  Pandora insights to explore.   If Pandora starts controlling what I listen to, I’ll quit.  Don’t ban anyone.  Let me do that myself.  You be you.  Me be me.