cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
175 Comments
Scatterjoy
Underground

Let’s say it was a really bad day when a Tom Petty song came on.   Ruined him for me. Hearing his younger or older voice drills through my ear nerve and I need to race to thumb down.   His music fits in many genre so I’d just like to prohibit Pandora from ever playing him.  Sorry Tom.   It’s me, not you. 

arielzimerman
Local Performer

I would like to block artists who engage in political rhetoric, I do not wish to directly fund them through my membership. Is there a way this can be done?

Thank you

mikewilliamsjr
Local Performer

There are some artists I want to be certain I'm not supporting financially. I don't want their music streamed to my account. I don't want the money I pay for my subscription to be paid out to them. I'd like an option to block specific artists from all stations. I'd also like to be able to filter certain artists from playing on my children's accounts.

djsyzygy23
Local Performer

OMG if I hear Kevin Gates one more time I am cancelling my **ahem** sibscription w Pandora I swear to God.  I down thumb several times per DAY!!! **ahem**

Chanjam_8
Local Performer

Can we get a super dislike button? I'm tired of having kevin gates, and moneybagg yo play on my stations. I just want to avoid artists I don't enjoy and I feel like they are being forced on me at this point 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Chanjam_8 I moved your post to this existing feature request: Blocking/Muting Certain Artists / Song Selection Rules

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️as well to express your interest in seeing it added to the service.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

Carly8
Local Performer

I, and I’m sure many others, are tired of hearing artists who have committed sexual assault come up on our stations. It’s triggering and we should be past this in 2021. Pandora is a place we come to hear new music. We should have an option to discover new music or listen to radio trigger-free. The artist mute feature would be great, and the absolute best would be to suspend all rapists completely, and at the very LEAST there should be a warning attached to their names, a way to report, and an option to not have them come up on our stations. 

Hawkeye63
Local Performer

Who authorized some of David Allen Coe lyrics; which m pissed I’m not getting the original lyrics as I thought.  

clickkissboom
Local Performer

I've been wanting something like this for the longest time!!

No matter how many new stations I create, songs/artists from my other ones that I like inevitably find their way into whatever I'm listening to at the moment, even if they have absolutely nothing to do with what I'm listening at that time.

The same way we're able to select "I'm tired of this song," we should be able to have an option that says "Don't play this artist's content on this station."

ch33353
Local Performer

There are artists whose music falls within what I like to listen to, but whom I can not personally tolerate and don't want them making money off of me. Also the algorithms can't tell if I'm thumbing down a song because of the song or the artist and I don't want to screw up my stations.