cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

Ideas: Blocking / Muting Artists & Genres

bjoyce2
Opening Act

New Feature Idea: Create Rules about what bands you never want to hear.  If I select a Genre but there are certain bands I never want to hear, there should be a way to create a rule. i.e. I select the 70's Rock Genre but I never want to hear any music from Sting, Rush, Styx, Journey, Kiss, etc.  then allow me to create a rule eliminating them fron the selection algorithm.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
175 Comments
frlejo
Underground

i would like the option to not have to listen to groups i do not personally add to my station. Just saw where Spotify is doing this, might have to give them try. Maybe pandora gets a kickback from performers if they can't be blocked

mod edit: merged comments
jadoti
Local Performer

Why pandora is not delivering this feature is baffling.  Allow us to block artists at the least.

Buck_Williams
Local Performer

With how long this topic has been going on common it is getting, I think Pandora should look into it. It shouldn't be that difficult.

aarbrachru
Local Performer

my requested feature is the following:

add a second down thumb button right next to the down thumb that's already there

this second down thumb should be red

it's function is to blacklist that song or artist across all stations

i.e. if I press the new red down thumb button, the song or artist will NEVER play again on any station EVER

this is an iteration of other users' requests and it seems to be a popular one.

**ahem** get on it Pandora!

SthrnCnft
Local Performer

Adding an Artist to a list blocking them from a station just adding them as a seed for the station.

dsnyder
Local Performer

I agree! I just went and looked..... I have thumbed down Anthem Lights songs 17 times on my acapella station and I still hear their whiny voiced, mashed up song garbage every session. Why does Pandora like them so much and why does the app not learn?

blahblahsblahbl
Local Performer

Stop shoving garbage down my throat I don't want, I have the tennent sound track on my station list and I can't **ahem** remove it 

frlejo
Underground

It does no good to request a blocking feature, since it is never implemented

abcluv
Local Performer

Please create a way to block artist - great stations and vibes are completely ruined with an artist I never want to hear! 

twstdlttlsistr
Local Performer

I want to be able to remove specific artists from my pandora completely. Or block them or make them invisible or however you want to word it. How can I do this? I can't find a feature on the app that allows for this. Please advise.