cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Bulk Add-Delete-Edit-Search Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs)

Ideas: Bulk Add-Delete-Edit-Search Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs)

Travix
Opening Act

My Pandora is connected to my Amazon Echo devices. Because of that my young son often adds stations based on one or two songs. He's not interested in actually having the list, he just wants to year the song. As a result I frequently find myself "culling the heard" so to speak and deleting stations I don't actually want or need. I would love to see an option to select multiple stations at once to delete them.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
83 Comments
pml357
Local Performer

As near as I can tell, if you create a station, give a track on that station a thumbs up and then delete the station, the track continues to be thumbed up. At least that would explain why my Thumbprint Station indicates I have hundreds of thumbed up tracks but when I go through all my stations I find only a few. It would also explain why on a newly created station, the track selection algorithm seems to still favor songs that I thumbed up on stations that I deleted a long time ago.

After a station is deleted, there isn't any way to get to the tracks that were thumbed up on that station, and consequently no way to remove the thumbs up. There should be a way to see all of your thumbed up tracks, independent of station in one place: Maybe an automatically generated playlist of all thumbed up tracks, sorted by name? And that list should have a way to take away thumbs up from tracks.

mdorfschneider
Local Performer

Hello. Over the years I have collected hundreds of songs without ever organizing them into playlists. Now I want to but can't seem to find a way to do it other than doing it one song at a time which would take FOREVER. Does anyone know if there is a way to streamline this process so I can select multiple songs and add them to a playlist in one shot? Thanks!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mdorfschneider I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Bulk Add / Edit / Delete Content (Stations, Playlists, Thumbs)

While there isn't a way to bulk transfer tracks to a playlist, I recommend upvoting this thread with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

sfliny
Local Performer

I find it a mess that with each song that is played in a created collection that a new collection is automatically created making it harder and harder to keep track of my personal collections.  Such a downfall of this app and it's too time consuming to manually delete all of those unwanted collections one by one.  Is Pandora listening to the paid subscribers who do not want this automated feature? I just renewed, but I'm having second thoughts continuing after this subscription is over.

kinggangster
Local Performer

I would like to see this happen too, deleting songs is such a hassle because you can't select multiple songs at the same time.

GregJustGreg
Local Performer

So there are MULTIPLE requests to add a feature to delete multiple stations.  Is it on the drawing board, if so how long does it to add that in, is it more about licensing or money that is the hold up?  Just curious that something that could be so convenient and useful could take years to develop.  Seems pretty simple, but I'm not a programmer.

JoshuaB
Local Performer

You've replied quite a few times. When will you code in the option for bulk remove Playlist from Pandora?

I want to select all and delete. I keep hearing the same songs over and over. 

JoshuaB
Local Performer

I want the option to bulk remove stations. I need a select all and delete all stations.

I want to start fresh with no thumbs or stations. And many times a stations is created accidentally through Amazon's Echo Dot. 

Please add "select all, delete" option. 

pugmac
Opening Act

They seem to ignore the up votes and request to be honest.  I left Pandora1 or 2 years ago and went to Youtube Music.  At least there you can do bulk loads on the regular YouTube page.  I think it's a waste of breath to keep posting on here for something, to be honest.

ChgoGuy
Local Performer

Please add the feature to bulk delete thumbs. I have thumbs I’d like to delete, but I don’t know what station I thumbed them on—or if I even have the station(s) anymore. Thanks!