cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Choose Types of Ads/ Rate Ads

Ideas: Choose Types of Ads/ Rate Ads

jhoyer27
Underground

I know there are a lot of folks out there that are annoyed by the advertisement selection that they are exposed to.  I am also one of them.  I have a suggestion, though I'm sure someone must have thought of this already.

Give us a thumbs-up/thumbs-down option for advertisements!  Not all advertisements are terrible, but some of them are so offensive to people that it's driving them away from your platform.  Or at the very least leading them to mute their device for a couple minutes until the ads are done playing.  I'm sure the ad payers probably don't enjoy forking over money simply to be muted and ignored by your listener base.  At the very least give them the exposure to those who are actually going to listen to them, and help them avoid those who are going to avoid them!

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
79 Comments
hardingnp
Local Performer

There really should be an option to disable alcohol-related ads. Literally, every ad I get is Coors Light and it's quite frustrating to those of us in recovery. The only option I have is to turn off "Explicit Content" which would exclude all songs with explicit language. 

Zak_Z
Local Performer

Ads...I get it...but come on, work with the listener some.  A non-listener makes ZERO ad revenue. 

Badly need the ability to thumbs down ads.  The WI lottery ad is awful and in heavy rotation.  It am dangerously close to s-canning Pandora altogether due to the frequency and ad content...esp the WI lottery ad. 

jenboud
Local Performer

I agree - I often use the ability to "downvote" certain ads on other sites. I understand ads fund my ability to use Pandora without a subscription and am willing to have the ads, but would strongly suggest that the ability to tailor my ad choices would greatly improve my experience and thus the likelihood for using Pandora even more. Also this targeting is desirable for the advertisers - for example, my children are grown so I ignore any ads about kids' products. 

Just_mthrfcknJ
Local Performer

Yeah people in my car really don't need to think that I am searching for baby diapers and erectile dysfunction medication

mdtay11
Local Performer

I agree with all the comments. I just heard the ad for the chewable erectile disfunction supplement and it was quite unpleasant. 

greyeggdoc
Local Performer

Weighing in on this request to have the ability to choose or up/downvote ads; I agree. I don't want to hear the My Pillow ads. I understand that I'm using the free version and will therefore have to listen to ads, and while some of them are annoying, I can mostly ignore them. However, I don't want to hear the My Pillow ad after Mr. Lindell spoke with President Trump about using martial law to maintain control of the presidency and continues to spread lies about voter fraud. 

My75pd
Local Performer

I am curious to know if the BLM adds I am hearing are paid for by that organization or if they are donated by Pandora??   Thanks!!

PurplePagoda
Local Performer

Same. Pandora please find a way to allow us (within reason) to block specific ads even on the free version.

For example, I recently lost two babies back to back and don't need to be smacked in the face with some excited chick talking about how their hospital can't wait to help you welcome your new addition, every time I'm trying to relax (or get work done) and listen to some music.

We all understand that ads are necessary, and we can't turn off all ads, but ads that are offensive or triggering should be able to be blocked and just have silent space during them (or play another ad twice in a row, for all I care). You can limit it to two ads blocked per account at any given time, or something...

marenw
Local Performer

Same as greyeggdoc, I absolutely do not want to hear Lindell or MyPillow on my station again.

Notto
Local Performer

Not appreciative of the political ads. Also as a matter of principle I steer away from advertisers and their products whenever possible rather than supporting them. There’s a reason I avoid listening to the radio, and now all the ads are driving me away from Pandora. It’s too bad - used to be a great platform.