cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Choose Offline Stations with Pandora Plus

Ideas: Choose Offline Stations with Pandora Plus

sharp_cg
Underground

As a Pandora Plus user I want the autonomy to choose my own offline listening stations when in offline mode. I have tried playing the stations I want but I only get one station I listen to regularly and the other 2 I haven’t listened to in months. I’ve also tried signing out and signing back in and re-downloading stations without success. This is very frustrating as a paying user to not have the choice of which stations I can play offline, which was the whole reason I upgraded my account. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

27 Comments
AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

cfiorello6
Local Performer

Yes, my offline mode is doing the same thing. It is very frustrating because my gym often does not have a strong connection so I use offline mode a lot. But, my most used station is never 1 of my three stations downloaded. The stations that are downloaded, I can not listen to at the gym. I am very close to canceling my plus account because I am getting no use out of it. Have you fixed your offline radio problem yet? 

coastiebobby
Local Performer

Totally agree. We should have the autonomy to choose our own Offline Stations to ensure we have the variety of music we want while not connected to WiFi. 

Taco420
Local Performer

I’m listening to **ahem** Please by Miss Lady Pinks on Pandora

wisepeppy
Diamond in the Rough

I agree.  I get that they want this feature to be limited on the Plus account, and I think limiting the number of offline stations you can have is a fine way to do that, but I think that forcing your offline stations to be the ones you listen to most makes the feature just a tacky preview of the feature, rather than something that's actually functional.

The stations I listen to most are the ones I listen to at home, when I can be online, and where I'm often listening with other people.  The stations I would want to have available offline are ones that I listen to when I travel, or are otherwise listening to by myself, and therefore are ones I listen to less often.

Also, I'll thumb-down songs that I actually like simply because they don't fit into what I want a particular station to be.  This of course will skew my Thumbprint Radio away from songs I would actually like on my Thumbprint Radio, and as such my Thumbprint Radio isn't a station I particularly care for, and never listen to, so having it automatically chew up one of my four offline station slots is bothersome.

I would gladly accept an offline station limit on my Plus account as low as just one station if I had the ability to choose what station that is (though, I think four is a nice number).

bertdanger
Local Performer

Every single station they chose is WRONG! I never listen to the stations it thinks I listen to the most. **ahem** is wrong with Pandora? 

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

That’s a feature I would like to see with at least a premium account. Being able to choose your own offline stations.  

MiKDuBs
Local Performer

All I request is that I may switch one offline station to another instead. Pandora plus does not include I assume. Please check and advise. Just one station switch please. Thanks 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MiKDuBs. 👋

Nice to see you around the Community space. To keep everything organized, I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Choose your own Offline stations with Pandora Plus

At this time, Pandora Plus listeners cannot add, delete or swap out which stations will be available for offline listening. To upvote this idea, click on the 💙icon next to the title of the request.

DJ_GothFvck
Opening Act

It'd be even better if we could FCK DRM entirely