cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Control playback across devices

Ideas: Control playback across devices

21wahoo
Underground

Spotify Connect lets you control playback across your devices, and easily switch which device you're listening on. It's an enormously convenient feature. You can play music from your TV and control it with your phone. Or you can listen on your computer, but if you're getting ready to walk away, you can switch to your phone.

It would make Pandora an even more effective competitor if it had something similar.

More details here.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

39 Comments
seldred19
Local Performer

This was a very important feature for me when I was on Spotify - it's so wonderful when you can use your phone or ipad to control playback on a larger sound system!  And having joined Pandora recently, not being able to do this really nags at me - it's irritating to have to give that feature up (it's not the only one).

MAT4Ret
Local Performer
If Pandora would do this 1 thing I believe it would leave Spotify in the dust. I like Pandora's playlist and radio much better i.e. grown-ups must make them but I believe Spotify has children making their playlist.

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device
Get Outlook for Android<>
only_1mskeisha
Local Performer

Allow users to transfer play session to another device. At times I am listening to a certain station/song from one of my devices at home (for ease of understanding Pandora via my cable tv settop box) and wish to pickup where I am/transfer the same station on the same song (and algorithm) to the next device (car/phone) should there be a need to more my session to a new device.

TXTad
Local Performer

This is a critical feature that Pandora lacks. This is the biggest reason that I use Spotify for much of my listening.

Wyundt
Local Performer

If my wife is logged into our account on her phone and streaming music, I would like to be able to skip songs or change stations from my logged in phone without stopping my wife’s phone from actively streaming.

ChipMoody
Local Performer

Lots of folks cue up their Pandora sessions, then move somewhere in their building that the Pandora app UI isn't viewable from.

It would be nice if this information was made accessible to a stand-alone app for display on custom devices/signage apps.  This could/should be a simple, NO FRILLS interface - only the currently playing song title/artist/album is needed, though I suppose a URL to album art would be a cool option.  (I personally have a "text only" display project in the works, so I can do without a .jpg link)

Thanks,

- Chip

ChipMoody
Local Performer

I will point out - there are other music streaming services that already offer this!  I'm very surprised that Pandora hasn't kept up...  😞

chapmans141
Local Performer

I don't need to listen simultaneously on multiple devices, but it would be really nice if I could change the playlist on a different device from the one that is currently 'listening'.  If I'm listening from my desktop through multiple speakers, I want to be able to change my playlist from my phone instead of going to the desktop.  So, changes on my phone or another computer would affect the currently playing device and vice versa!

iheartsublime8
Local Performer

I'm going to post this link to all my socials (IG/FB/reddit) and hope this takes off.

Power to The People! Feature Us Up!

(Also fix all the other buggy issues! 🙏🙏🙏)