cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Create Station based on criteria other than track/artist

Ideas: Create Station based on criteria other than track/artist

Muse
Underground

I am a musician; However, I am not a performer (not anymore!). As such, (If I knew in college what I know now, I'd be a theory teacher! Need a 'justbelowminorinmusic' ex-prog rock performer analysist!?) I would like to be able to build a playlist from music qualities/identifying features. Last I knew, there were just over 400 evaluation points! I'd love to build stations from these music analysis criteria (instead of songs). Can it be done? At least in a limited way? Maybe, lyrical content; M,m tone; pinpoint genre qualities; instrumentaion; technicality... and so on.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
5 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

blankface
Opening Act

@Muse, I just made a similar suggestion.  (To be fair, I didn’t see this particular board, so my request was moved here.)  Being able to make a channel based on, for example, “folk roots” or “angry lyrics” or “madrigal style”, or some other criteria or criteria combination would be fantastic!

chadontheridge
Opening Act

To the same (or opposite) point, when I first started with Pandora I thought I would be able to start a station that included Pandora's entire library. Then, as I used my thumbs up and thumbs down, the station would evolve towards my interests.

sreedy71
Underground

I thought the same thing. I was hoping that my thumbs up and down would turn into a station, gathering more of the same, instead of a playlist. I keep having to thumb up a song depending on what station I have playing. I'd really like to just to have 1 station. Isn't that how it used to be (way back when)??

sreedy71
Underground

Disregard my comment, just found the Thumbprint Radio. Sheesh that was buried.