Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowdsource Collection Corrections and removing from seeding

Crowdsource Collection Corrections and removing from seeding

Wholly
Local Performer
0 Kudos

While no one want the pandora music collection to be correct more than the community, we all know that sometimes things get "off" and miscategorized.

I propose a way of collecting corrections from listeners - not necessarily making direct changes to the collections, but to flag items for correction. 

To make the submission of these corrections valuable to listeners, I propose that these can be used to exclude these recommended corrections from seeding stations.

I have an artist named Naomi out of Germany that has been around for 20 years and Pandora insists on attributing to them albums from other ones named Naomi, including a Gospel band at one point.

I'd like to be able to "submit a correction" and select from a drop down that allows just a few choices "Song not by this artist", "Album not by this artist" or something else - just advice for collection management - and then I'd like it removed from seeding for the station.

There are three albums/songs associated with my station/band that are ruining a station of long standing.

The advantage to this is that not only would collection information be made available, it would at least let me manage my stations as I please - part of what makes Pandora so awesome.  These rough attributions have really screwed up the "mood" of my decade old station.

Thanks for considering this - it would be nice to get the collections team some help.

Labels (1)
3 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @Wholly we appreciate the feedback on this! Thanks for sharing! 👍

Katiereese
Local Performer

I have a artist that got accidentally added to my Fletcher Radio station and I need to get that artist off. How do I do that?

Pandora
Status changed to: Archive

We appreciate your contribution to our Feature Request board! Due to inactivity, this post has been archived and cannot be voted on or commented on. If you have any additional suggestions, feel free to share them or vote for them if they are already mentioned in the Feature Request post.