cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Custom shuffle on mobile for Pandora Premium

Ideas: Custom shuffle on mobile for Pandora Premium

LastDJ
Opening Act

Way back in the day, you could create a custom shuffle of your radio stations via the iOS application.  Somewhere along the way, that feature went away.  As of today, you can only set a custom shuffle via the web interface.  That custom shuffle will play via the iOS app, but what happens if you wnat to change it and you are not near a computer?  I am probably showing my age, but I got hooked on Pandora because I could shuffle / customize my radio stations.  It would be nice to have this functionality back on the mobile platform.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
41 Comments
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LastDJ I moved your post to the Feature Requests space.

While this is not currently a feature on mobile with Pandora Premium, we wanted to thank you for your suggestion as I'm sure this is something other Pandora Premium users would be interested in as well. 

Thanks for being a part of the community! 

Candyman
Underground

Great idea, I work 12-hour shifts at night and listen to Pandora while working & I don't always have the time to get on my computer and make a customized Shuffle. I'm probably showing my age as well but just as you said "back in the day"the features that we started with are slowly becoming a thing of the past,myself included. But I'm getting too old & have to many other things to do to keep losing the features I started with and having to learn new ones just to listen to music.Here's showing my age "I miss my original LP's."

Rhin0
Opening Act

I too think that this is a good idea.  I'm not always near my computer to change the shuffle selections.  Would be nice to do it on-the-fly on your mobile.

Saltydogrichman
Local Performer
The shuffle button is nice when one station gets tired. It would be really great to select multiple stations to shuffle. This option would expand Pandora capabilities for a unique listening experience and forgo the skip when Christmas Radio shows up on the shuffle.
AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Open Ideas

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saltydogrichman I merged your idea into this existing feature request. Thanks for your suggestion! 

Talarin
Local Performer

I absolutely agree with the OP!  I use Pandora on my iOS in the car frequently, I would love the abilitly to customize my playlist while in the car.

nr15pepper
Local Performer

saltydogrichman thanks for requesting the feature.  Does anyone know how to get this prioritized?  
Pandora doesn't operate well on my surface and is blocked from my work computer.  Seems crazy to buy a new laptop to shuffle.  My next option is to logon with a friends device. 
I loved and miss this feature

BeeCooper
Local Performer

1000% agree. I do not understand why this is not an option when I PAY  for the service. But I can do it in the free version. I really might switch back to the free version because of this.