cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Dark mode on desktop

Ideas: Dark mode on desktop

Nacrine
Underground

I would like to be able to enable a dark mode on the Windows APP version. I have a monitor tree setup with 4 monitors I use pandora on my top screen when I just need 3 screens for work.

Labels (3)
99 Comments
kris_baehr
Local Performer

Instead of waiting for this change, I've decided to do something about the desktop app theme. If you want to get a dark theme/dark mode Pandora app (I'm running Windows 11 but it should work anywhere) you can do the following:

1. Open the Microsoft Edge web browser.
2. Install an extension called "Dark Reader", if you don't already have it.
3. Open pandora.com in Microsoft Edge.
4. Click the Settings ellipses (three dots) in the upper-right corner.
5. Next, hover over "Apps" and choose "Install this site as an app."
6. Choose whatever settings you want and open the Pandora app - it's a PWA.
7. From the Pandora app, click the Settings ellipses > Extensions > Dark Reader.
8. Adjust the color settings on the Filter Tab. I ended up selecting "Dark", Contrast (+25), Grayscale (+70), and then be sure to select the button that says "Only for www.pandora.com", otherwise, every web page you visit in Microsoft Edge will have these same settings.
9. Enjoy Pandora as it should be!

I also recommend Dark Reader for standard browsing, it's so much easier on the eyes!

Yes, you can use Chrome as well, but the settings menu may be slightly different, it's the same concept.

msedge_h8uQqoghnL.png

starlightning
Underground

@kris_baehrThanks for pointing out Dark Reader; I've been wanting something like that for general web pages.

Looks like the Stylus/Stylish extension plus the style I posted also work in a Pandora App created as @kris_baehr outlines above.  Dark Reader and it look a little different so use whichever one you like best.  Just don't enable both on Pandora at the same time as they cancel each other out!

deneb
Local Performer

Dark mode for the web app would be really nice.

4Evr_Cruzn
Local Performer

I'm a Premium user, and there are instances that Dark Mode is preferred. This seems like a popular need on Windows PCs, at least what I understand from this forum. What the issue? Is it coding, or something else?

lombellykus
Local Performer

come on guys, I am a coder give me access to your source control I will do it for free in 30 mins.

lombellykus
Local Performer

I am a coder, just give me the source code I will do it for free.

Mooseknuckle
Local Performer

4 years and they have still yet to add this. What a joke.

FlameWolven
Local Performer

Hey pandora this thread has been open for 3 years. Please add this. 

protorb
Local Performer

At this point in time, with how long the thread has been open, Pandora really should have added this feature by now.  They're falling behind the times in comparison to other services, websites and etc.... that are all offering a Dark Mode option that doesn't require installing a greasemonkey / script extension such as the person a few replies ago suggested.

It has now gotten to the point where I don't use Pandora anymore, I love it, but I can't stand the brightness of it, especially with my poor eyesight at the moment.

Milks
Local Performer

This was requested almost 4 years ago and still no dark mode...