cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

Ideas: Desktop Compact Player

jcruz34420
Underground

I would like to see a compact player option. Maybe by clicking a button and all you see is a small screen with the options to go next back thumbs up and play and pause on it. Sometimes I just want to switch screens and having the full application open can be a hassle. I want to see the work that I'm working on as well as paying attention to what music is playing.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
99 Comments
Desert_mike
Local Performer

Lorax, 

I am not familiar with your question regarding the "heart" icon I am assuming you mean the "thumbs up" icon to build your preferences within different stations, and playlists. 

I agree with the problem with so many desktop applications these days, is that the application wants the whole screen. I need a popup message alert like the windows' My phone Companion"  when you receive a text message or an alert on your mobile device. shows up in the corner and fades away over 3, 5, or 7 seconds. New songs should do the same with the Pandora desktop application and then it should let you thumbs up or thumbs down the last song without switching apps.  

DeathofRats
Local Performer

A mini-player feature is the one key feature I want of my music player. 

Currently using the Windows 10 app version of Pandora. There is no reason to have it take up a whole screen all the time. Please please please make a quick switch to a mini display. 

Desert_mike
Local Performer

DeathofRats, 

Thanks for the post and feedback. What features would you like specifically from the mini-player, so it is integrated into the operating system's functions and other applications? What is it that you're looking for, i.e., absolute, nice to have, could do without, could that be an on/off feature I control? I assume the more detail, the better from a Pandora application developer's perspective. 

I really want pandora to bring the mini-player but for the mini-player to be more than just a small application window. Something far more integrated and cross-application friendly.   

Mike 

Swimgrl004
Local Performer

Please bring back the Windows 7 desktop app!! It was much smaller and compact!

Desert_mike
Local Performer

Swimfrl1004, 

Fact, bring it back.

DeathofRats
Local Performer

DeathofRats, 

Thanks for the post and feedback. What features would you like specifically from the mini-player, so it is integrated into the operating system's functions and other applications? What is it that you're looking for, i.e., absolute, nice to have, could do without, could that be an on/off feature I control? I assume the more detail, the better from a Pandora application developer's perspective. 

I really want pandora to bring the mini-player but for the mini-player to be more than just a small application window. Something far more integrated and cross-application friendly.   

Mike 

I used to use Winamp back in the day. The miniplayer was a great tool. I'd allow it to overlay (always on top of) my active window, but it was small enough that it barely covered anything, yet left me with the basic needed controls. As seen here 

I need the basic music features: play, pause, skip, and a volume slider. The thumbs up and down tools could be included, but optional. A currently playing scroll is optional as well in my mind. 

I was excited when I first learned that there was a Pandora app for Windows 10, but I was extremely disappointed to learn it was just the same as the browser window. I was really hoping for the functionality of a music player like Winamp complete with miniplayer, equalizer settings, and optional trippy light shows. 

OlorinTharkun
Local Performer

I agree with all the requests and like the ideas that DeathofRats included.  It's really disappointing to see that more than a year later, nothing has been done on this topic/feature request.

For those who are willing to try new things, here's an article with some possible workarounds - granted, we shouldn't -have to- use these, if Pandora listened to users' requests, but maybe these will help someone:

I just looked these up and have not tried any of them yet...

mod edit: removed 3rd party link

Desert_mike
Local Performer

OlorinTharkun, 

Thanks for the reply and for providing the link. I can't fault Pandora on this one. We may be the minority population. This feature's demand signal may be relatively small compared to the increased competition of features desired from software applications on personal computers and devices. We 'desktop/laptop' users are probably really small of the total device population.

I know I am starting on-campus school again a few times a week so that I won't be exclusively in front of my laptop daily for 8 to 10 hours five days a week. That means my cell phone will get all the playtime.  I still think it should be easy enough to bring back a previous design and ensure its comparability with the current Windows, Chrome, Apple, Android, or Linus OS'. But that may be far more challenging than we know. I figure the best thing to do is continually chime up and bring it to their attention.  

klustas
Local Performer

Please bring back the compact player!

Rounds
Local Performer

I love the mini player in I-tunes, and I am sorely disappointed that Pandora seems to be ignoring this request.  Does Spotify have a mini player?  I am ready to jump ship.