cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Disable accessory mode

Ideas: Disable accessory mode

cltdba
Underground

Add option to disable accessory mode on iOS and Android So content can be controlled through the app in lieu of the plugged in accessory. Many accessories do not allow searching for music or accessing content not previously accessed. Therefore I must unplug the accessory, navigate to the content on the app, play the content and then plug back into the accessory. I find the accessory interfaces to be cumbersome and too simple in comparison to the app. 

Labels (2)
26 Comments
TannerPandora
Status changed to: Open Ideas

Hi @cltdba! Thanks for posting to community, and for your feedback on the Accessory Mode. I know exactly what you mean when having to work arounds this. 

Thanks for being part of community!

bizzyziggy
Local Performer

It appears from the research I've done that users have been requesting this for over 4+ years.  When plugging directly into your phone by USB to the car, the Pandora Accessory Screen pops up.  You have no access to the Pandora screen on the phone.  So "Pandora Accessory" is pretty ridiculous.  This should be an easy design flaw fix.

Having to unplug your phone, choose what you want on the phone screen, and then plugging it back in is a driving hazard.

Does anyone even look at these requests???

Elpescador
Local Performer

Oddly enough up until the new update i was able to not use accessory mode.  If this does not get resolved im moving to spotify.  

erichunter2000
Local Performer

I've given up on using Pandora while on the road or in my boat on the water, using YouTube instead for now.  Has anyone here tried to scroll through Pandora stations on a Pioneer head unit?  It is ridiculously hard compared to just scrolling to the station you want on the app.  I assume this is a safety feature to prevent you from using your phone while driving, but if you are fumbling around with an ineffective stereo interface you will be more distracted than if you used your phone to change stations.  Why not add a voice feature to the app to change stations?  Additionally, on my boat I cannot reach the stereo while driving so it is physically impossible to change stations.  Not a good app design at all.

IrateBlue
Local Performer

As a previous poster stated, this has been an issue for more than 4 years. Not only is it inconvenient, it has driven people away from using Pandora. I know I’ve paid for pandora and am considering switching to Spotify completely because of this issue. 
also as previously stated, does anyone even look at these issues?? 

IrateBlue
Local Performer

When connecting to your cars stereo pandora automatically goes into “accessory mode”. When it does this we cannot use the app via the phone. Not all cars allow control of pandora through the head unit so our options are turn off Bluetooth to change stations or just use Spotify. I prefer pandora but until this issue is resolved I will have to use Spotify. 
I’ve noticed people having discussions on this feature for more than 4+ years and I don’t understand why this wouldn’t be addressed. Something as simple as removing a feature should be quick or at least allow us to turn it on and off. 

musicfiend
Local Performer

Is this feature ever going to be able to be disabled? i have a work around by just using blutooth insted of pandora but i like the pandora screens looks and features better.

jimbo946
Local Performer

I have been on Pandora plus for two days. The Pandora to Accessory screen causes me no end of frustration. Get rid of it

Ral
Local Performer

Its 2021. Get rid of the accessory screen already

Mwalderon
Local Performer

The “accessory screen” while connecting in a vehicle needs to be fixed. I was considering moving into the paid subscription. I will not do that until this issue is corrected. No excuse why this is even still an issue. FIX. IT.