cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Download/Export account data: stations, thumbs, station info...

Ideas: Download/Export account data: stations, thumbs, station info...

john3012
Underground

As of now, I have 14 emails between support trying to get a complete list of thumbed tracks.  It appears and unpaid account like mine can only view the thumbed up list and Pandora does not have a good way to produce a list.  I have manually copied my thumbed tracks to generate a list in excel and it appears that pandora is limited to display 1000 thumbed tracks.  I have copied these tracks manually twice per recommendations from support, once from the windows app and once from chrome.  Any recommendations on getting the full list would be much appreciated!  

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
53 Comments
icashootnstar
Underground

So pay soundiiz more money to get your own content out of Pandora? Doesn't sound right somehow.

danhogan95
Local Performer

The simple feature to be able to merge stations would reduce my desire to export thumbs for a particular station.

In broad terms, the ability to manage our stations on this platform are surprisingly sparse. 

Fallout2pc
Local Performer

You don't own the rights to the songs in your playlist icashootinstar, your paying them for a service. If you don't agree with the cost of a service they provide, then you can go and program an application that does the same thing for you. If you don't know how to program or just don't want to make the program, then you can pay others for their effort they put into making it so you wouldn't have to.

icashootnstar
Underground

Wow, Fallout2pc! A little hostile, no? It would appear that you're on this board shilling for another app (soundiiz), that's no way to get new customers.

Perhaps you misread my post? I am not trying to obtain any rights to the music I play on Pandora.

I AM suggesting that users have access to the music choices THEY'VE made without having to pay someone else (who neither provided the original service nor had a hand in any of the input) to play with Pandora's code to get MY information retrieved for MY use.

Cayman
Local Performer

Loyal, paid subscriber for many years.  Nothing beats Pandora.

I have a MASSIVE station with TONS of seeds, 1600 thumbs up and 1400 thumbs down.  So much labor went into this that it has its own soul now.  I want to back up all three lists to text in case anything ever happens to Pandora.

The desktop app lets me browse them, so I know that that the lists of songs, albums and artists are in local RAM for (1) seeds, (2) thumbs up and (3) thumbs down.

So within the desktop app, why not let the user simply dump these lists to text??

Seems like an EASY thing to allow within the desktop app, so how about it guys?  Please?

Cayman
Local Performer

We need this badly.

Also, we need the ability to push the the thumbs up on the station into the seeds for the station or vice versa. 

Text lists in an out would make this easy. 

Cayman
Local Performer

And we need the ability to grab the thumbs down from one station and paste them into another station.

Once again, copying and pasting text lists in bulk would make this easy.

starks14
Local Performer

I was able to PRINT a list of songs in a playlist by logging into Pandora on a desktop (not mobile). Once the playlist has started, I used Chrome to "Print."

You can select as your printer either:

"Microsoft to XPS Document Writer" (for Excel)

"OneNote for Windows 10" (for OneNote) 

or 

"Adobe PDF" (for a pdf).

I found that OneNote to Excel worked the best.  Still not perfect, but better than copy to paste.  

As an alternative, I was also able to copy (from Pandora desktop) & paste (to Excel) the whole playlist of songs by starting the curser at the VERY BOTTOM of the page.  Start the copying with the language at the very bottom that reads: "About...Jobs... Advertising..." Then scroll all the way up to the very top, holding the shift or left mouse button.  At the top, just right click and hit copy.  Then paste as "text" In Excel.

Oh, and one last TIP:

Make sure to ZOOM OUT, so the screen is very small.  It seems to help with the ability to be able to copy the whole playlist at once.

Hope that helps.

jomontejano
Local Performer

how do I export my playlist to You tube

jomontejano
Local Performer

how do I export my playlist to youtube music