cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Downloading music to SD Card

Ideas: Downloading music to SD Card

Lightbringer646
Underground

how do i make pandora download all my music to the sd card?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
45 Comments
JKBuckethead
Local Performer

It's ironic, but as I write this the post at the top of this thread is dated 11-04-2019.  That means it has been a year and Pandora still has not enabled this critical feature for android. 

Now that google play music has finally died, I need a new music service.  It will not be Pandora as long as this feature is missing.

Contrary to the comment by Dizzy49, a great many android devices do support SD card storage.  Apple now has less than 40% market share in the US, and even less globally.  Providing feature sets tailored for the 2nd place OS is just stupid.  Yes, I understand that iOS is easier because it is more homogenous, but the time has long past come to include android features that have existed for years.

Holland-Tech
Local Performer

Can you giys add an  option to where we can change the music download storage location on The Pandora app? Mind you, I'm on android OS Galaxy A21. Pandora better than that YT Music Thanks

OmegaDMM
Local Performer

I can't believe this ISN'T a thing yet! Who in their right minds would assume that we wouldn't want to use our SD cards for media storage??!?!?!?!?! This needs to be fixed pronto! I have been paying for some time now, but if this isn't fix within two months from now, then I will just remove pandora and probably go to a competitor that has this feature.

I always used Pandora because I love how it selects new music for me to listen to, but I am at 7gb of downloads already and this is just shoddy workmanship.

M-angelo
Local Performer

Will it ever be possible to save downloaded content "music" to a flash drive or SD card

@M-angelo , I actually requested this as a feature some time ago. It was a request to purchase music, either by individual songs and personal playlists that one has put much time in putting together. Take care and stay safe.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@M-angelo I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Downloading to SD Card

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

kejianshi
Local Performer

This feature is so obviously needed it should not even need to be requested.  When you install Pandora it should automatically suggest storage on SD card instead of internal memory.  This is a no-brainer.  

bjm150
Local Performer

I agree, my internal storage is full. I bought the sd card for music.  Would love to transfer what I have downloaded on Pandora.  

Rex305
Local Performer
  • First: can I export pandora and its data to my phones sd card 
  • Second: will my downloaded music therefore also be on the sd card since it is embedded in the app?
  • Third: what problems or issues can expect to see running the app from the sd card. I.e. will the app still work smoothly?

This seems to be the simple easy fix to expand storage download storage for phones with small internal storage. So, why is there no one from pandora suggesting this to everyone asking how to move downloaded music,  stations, etc. to their sd card?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Rex305 I moved your post over to this existing feature request: Downloading to SD Card

Make sure to upvote this thread with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service as well.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community!