cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: iOS - Download previous versions of Pandora

Ideas: iOS - Download previous versions of Pandora

Jefferys
Underground

I have an older iPad that won’t update past iOS 9.3.5. This iPad currently exists only to use Pandora on our non Bluetooth speaker system.  .i would like the ability to down date to an earlier version of Pandora  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
40 Comments
Mookdi
Underground

HEY PANDORA!!! Your boiler plate responses and lack of personal care to all the people who are experiencing lack of satisfaction and frustration for years of product use and loyalty is inexcusable. Although Im not a conspiracy theorist, there seems something super fishy about not being able to operate Pandora on old ios versions for people, like me, who have older devices  (ipad) that will not update to newer ios versions. I can not afford to be updating devices every 2 years to comply with what seems to be some choreographed outdating schedule that gets us to consume device after device just to use basic apps like Pandora. Yeah, that may be an ignorant statement but really people, how hard is it to offer us older poorer people the ability to run Pandora on older non updateable devices like ipad and ipods. I pay my $$ each month for years and now I after a glitch in the app I "do the right thing and update it" to find i no longer can listen to Pandora cause my ipad is purportedly not able to handle the app. How hard  or expensive is it Pandora to offer an older version of your app for us who can not afford to be buying device after device year after year.  This is a customer you will and have lost forever and I will do my very best to tell as many people as I know in as many conversations and posts as possible. Its not a threat to get you to change, but a protest for the way at which you have responded to these people who have been loyal with no care or human decency of explanation or alternative other than, "go buy another newer ipad or ipod". Apple and these apps must be working together in some way to keep us buying and buying and buying new **ahem** when we really dont need to be. 

Oh yeah, Im still on aol and that antiquated system seems to work fine on all my devices. Of course Im aware that may be an ignorant statement and I have no idea how apps work or whatever but this seems as an end user to be a simple solution for an app that doesnt seem to be super high tech real time 3d graphics hogging multi dimensional matrix stuff. Just play music with no ads so i dont go super crazy in the world. 

mod edit: format

monelson66
Local Performer

I believe I have just figured out how to fix this. I also have an iPod fifth generation running iOS 9.3.5. This is what I did:

1. Open the App Store
  2. Click on updates
  3. Click on purchased
  4. then click on “my purchases”
  5. make sure at the top of the page “all” is selected. So it shows all apps downloaded.
  6. scroll down to Pandora
  7. to the right of Pandora click on the cloud icon
  8. A message will show up saying, “ Do you want to download the last compatible version? Click on “download”
  9. You have now successfully downloaded the older version of Pandora.
  10. This worked on my iPod!
Mookdi
Underground

OMG!! Youre my hero!! It worked. I cant believe no one in the Pandora support either knows this or shares this if they do. 

monelson66
Local Performer

Mookdi......so glad this worked for you!

Mookdi
Underground

Only worked the one time then froze again. Oh well. But thank you for the suggestion. 

Reneebram
Local Performer

Like everyone else here, I would like to listen to Pandora on my older iPad. Please consider finding a way to let that happen.

kevred
Local Performer

This is incredibly aggravating. We've been paid subscribers to Pandora for years, listen to it constantly in our house through an older iPod Touch. Tonight my kids accidentally deleted the Pandora app from the device, and now there's NO WAY to get it back?

That's ridiculous and incredibly disappointing. Now I have a choice between paying $200-$300 for a new device or abandoning Pandora. Both options are a completely unnecessary disruption when simply providing older versions of the app (which worked perfectly!) would solve this, for a great many people!

WhasHhp
Local Performer

I thought I was having issues with my iPad until I was able to read this thread. I totally get it now and am so DISAPPOINTED with Pandora. How can they do that? Wow. I’m just friggin pissed off!!! 

fair_for_all
Underground

Pandora is really shooting themselves in the foot by not supporting older devices and OSes. I'm going to think twice about pushing Pandora with people who are Spotify only. I thought you guys were better than that.

TannerPandora, I don't appreciate your un-empathetic, smug and condescending reply to Ponee50. You are obviously someone who doesn't think deeply about anything from e-waste to the future of the planet. I'm tired of being told to bathe in the warmth of upgrades and new devices. Many people I know use WiFi and older devices to enjoy Pandora everywhere they go, myself included.  I have several Pandora only devices. 

We have to stop producing electronics that become e-waste in 5 years not because there is anything wrong with them but because they can't take the latest update. If you and Pandora had a clue, you would support your app on everything from stone tablets on. That would increase your base, the satisfaction of your users and breathe life into still viable devices. Your technology is already there you just need to make it available and stop being so tight assed and smug.

Electronics have become the latest planned obsolescence. How long can the planet survive like this? What is the downside for Pandora in supporting older devices?

fair_for_all
Underground

I'm going to continue to pick on TannerPandora, this time for his smug laziness.  Monelson66 above has a good, useful answer.  Thank you!  If you have Pandora as one of your purchases in the AppStore, you can usually download the latest version that will work on your iOS.  Ponee50, I hope you got a useful answer before you got rid of your older device. Just remember not to listen to TannerPandora, haha!