cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

Ideas: Exclude Live performances or remixed versions of songs

KingCityDJ
Underground

Am I the only one who thinks we should have a way to exclude live performances from our listening experience? Make this happen.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (3)
88 Comments
poormanbrian
Local Performer

As a subscription service, you should offer the subscription we want. It annoys me to hear whistling, clapping, crowds screaming, while wokring and listening to a streaming service i pay for every month.

It would be seem simple enough, for your AI, to notice that every single live track gets thumbs downed nearly instantly and to not continue playing them

@KingCityDJ wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks we should have a way to exclude live performances from our listening experience? Make this happen.

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Calico739
Underground
Would creating "Deep Cut" stations and pushing the live versions to it be a solution ?
xjy79
Local Performer

This is also something I have wished for since the beginning. I would make the option both ways though. A button for "No Live" and another for "Live Only". If neither are selected you get the default experience.

Perhaps some would like a staion of only live performances.

Kestrel
Local Performer

I would love to have the ability to select only studio versions. I often use voice commands while driving to pick songs and it seems that if there's a choice between playing a live or studio version, it defaults to live. Since I can't thumbs down it while driving, it actually reinforces the pattern. It's a vicious circle. Please help me break it!

Jezz
Local Performer

Hi there!

Does anyone know if there's an option to not play live versions? And if so how to do it? 

I love live music but for me it's a watch and listen thing....

Thanks in advance

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Jezz. 👋

I moved your post over to the Feature Request board as this is not currently a feature.

Feel free to upvote this idea by searching for the suggestion the main Feature Request board and clicking on the ❤️icon next to the title. 

Tinka
Local Performer
Please add a filter for live. If you are using the Google Assistant, like when you are in your car, you cant really thumb it down, and you cant tell it to play a different version easily. Let me specifically request live if i want to.
bluegenius
Local Performer

I agree with this, I mostly listen to pandora in the car where I should not have to suddenly thumb down 4 live songs in a row. I would love this as a feature.

DemBoyz21
Local Performer

Yes give option to not play live, remastered, or edited songs. Unbelievably frustrating how often those versions come up and not the originals. Literally makes no sense why Pandora would choose to play anything other than the originals.

andyscott
Local Performer

I agree with the comments about live versions, I really don't want to hear them on any of my stations.  Please add this filter capability so those who like live versions can listen to them and those of us that have strong opinions against live versions don't have to hear them.  Surely this can not be a difficult change to implement.